Personal statement job info not on CV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ConantheWiseguy

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
In my personal statement I talk (briefly, like 2-3 sentences) about a job I held in undergrad. I didn't include the job under ERAS's Work experience bc it just seemed like resume padding. However, I do think it adds a necessary wrinkle to my statement.

Can anyone think of why this might be a bad thing? Such is the fear MS4's live in...I'm worried they may think I'm not being truthful or something.

Members don't see this ad.

In my personal statement I talk (briefly, like 2-3 sentences) about a job I held in undergrad. I didn't include the job under ERAS's Work experience bc it just seemed like resume padding. However, I do think it adds a necessary wrinkle to my statement.

Can anyone think of why this might be a bad thing? Such is the fear MS4's live in...I'm worried they may think I'm not being truthful or something.

Why not just add it under the ERAS work experience section? Especially since you already mention it elsewhere.
and don't worry about resume padding, that's standard.

Reactions: 2 users

Meh, it may look a bit weird if they read your PS and want to learn more about the job and look through your ERAS and don't find it. I don't know why you didn't include it. If you haven't certified yet I'd add it, but if you have, I wouldn't worry too much because they'll have plenty of time to ask you about it if they're interested during the interview and you can just tell them about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice! I'll go ahead and add it in

Thanks for the advice! I'll go ahead and add it in

My criteria for adding things from undergraduate was to determine which things could brand me as someone residencies would want as a physician. Ironically, hospital volunteering was one that did not make the cut.