Personal Statement PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacyaddict

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
what does it mean exactly by "Do NOT personalize your essay for a particular pharmacy degree program" in the PharmCAS personal statement? Im wondering because in my personal essay I wanted to talk about how I wanted to be a Research Pharmacist but Im not sure if that is something I should not talk about.

Members don't see this ad.

what does it mean exactly by "Do NOT personalize your essay for a particular pharmacy degree program" in the PharmCAS personal statement? Im wondering because in my personal essay I wanted to talk about how I wanted to be a Research Pharmacist but Im not sure if that is something I should not talk about.
You can talk about being a research pharmacist. The prompt is just saying do not make it sound like you want to go to a particular pharmacy school over another but rather be general about it. Don't say "I want to go to school A and get my degree there" but rather "I want to get into pharmacy school to be XYZ." Hope that helped.