Jul 6, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
what does it mean exactly by "Do NOT personalize your essay for a particular pharmacy degree program" in the PharmCAS personal statement? Im wondering because in my personal essay I wanted to talk about how I wanted to be a Research Pharmacist but Im not sure if that is something I should not talk about.

Godsgirl16

2+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
what does it mean exactly by "Do NOT personalize your essay for a particular pharmacy degree program" in the PharmCAS personal statement? Im wondering because in my personal essay I wanted to talk about how I wanted to be a Research Pharmacist but Im not sure if that is something I should not talk about.
You can talk about being a research pharmacist. The prompt is just saying do not make it sound like you want to go to a particular pharmacy school over another but rather be general about it. Don't say "I want to go to school A and get my degree there" but rather "I want to get into pharmacy school to be XYZ." Hope that helped.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads