Personal Statement PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmacyaddict

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what does it mean exactly by "Do NOT personalize your essay for a particular pharmacy degree program" in the PharmCAS personal statement? Im wondering because in my personal essay I wanted to talk about how I wanted to be a Research Pharmacist but Im not sure if that is something I should not talk about.
 
what does it mean exactly by "Do NOT personalize your essay for a particular pharmacy degree program" in the PharmCAS personal statement? Im wondering because in my personal essay I wanted to talk about how I wanted to be a Research Pharmacist but Im not sure if that is something I should not talk about.
You can talk about being a research pharmacist. The prompt is just saying do not make it sound like you want to go to a particular pharmacy school over another but rather be general about it. Don't say "I want to go to school A and get my degree there" but rather "I want to get into pharmacy school to be XYZ." Hope that helped.