Personal Statement Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AspiringDoc169

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone wrote a part of their personal statement about their experience tutoring students? If so, how did you express this idea as a way to answer "Why medicine?", instead of "Helping people are good traits as a doctor"? Thank you! I am just trying to look for ideas and inspiration, so anything helps!

For reference: I am the founder of a free volunteer private tutoring service at my school. I started this service because I have seen many people (including myself) struggle with Chemical Engineering classes at my college, with little support from the profs and TAs. The tutoring services focuses on 1-on-1 tutoring (as opposed to group tutoring at office hours) and the because it is free, anyone who wants tutoring has the access to. I have a consistent 5-6 students (freshman-junior) who I tutor Chemical Engineering and Biology classes on a weekly basis. I almost feel like I am running a business where I am connecting tutors with people who need tutors also.