1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Personal Statement Woes

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by KeyLime, Aug 10, 2006.

1. KeyLime

10+ Year Member

I know that a lot of you have already submitted your primary application. I haven't but I hope to submit next week.

Did any of you feel like your personal statement was just pretty average? I feel like mine sounds a little bit elementary. I started with a true story, talked a little bit about my clinical experience, and a little about my research experience, and wrapped it up. I think that it is pretty average. It is hard to write eloquently when I haven't really had any mind-blowing experiences, and I'm not going exaggerate.

Does everybody think that their PS is awesome and I'm alone in having the PS blues?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. whatdapho

whatdapho MS-I
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I basically wrote what you did for my PS. Talked about my clinical experience, coursework, employment histry and one EC. I think that as long as you represent what you've done and why do you want to be a doctor. Don't worry too much about embellishing your PS. Be truthful of yourself. Don't worry about what other people write or if yours is average. Just write what you feel represents you and your beliefs and experiences. That's my 2 cents. good luck wit your apps