10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2002
Virginia
Visit site
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey guyz,

I would like to know what the Adcom for DO schools look for in the personal statements. I have no clue about this personal statement. Please I need help here. Thank you... ;)

Hobbes01

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 17, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
I'm not an expert but I just talked about why I wanted to become a doctor and why I wanted to be a D.O.
I remember a thread awhile back on personal statements...you might want to look for it to get more answers if you don't get a lot of other responses.
Good luck!

About the Ads

AnnaMags

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2001
Kansas City
Visit site
Status
my biggest advice: this is the one place where you can truly stand out from everyone else in the committee's pile. It's always a dispute about how much weight they put on those, but I think it can be a very important factor. It's the one interesting part of an application and can definitely bring up topics of conversation in an interview. DO schools really like conversational interviews from what I can tell.

So, the bottom line is, make yourself seem different--tell about your crazy hobbies, amazing volunteer work, or interesting childhood. Be unique.

Good luck.

jhug

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2001
Valley o' the sun
Visit site
Status
ditto to anna's statements....be creative! one guy i know talked about how one of his greatest challenges in life was his voice! when you talk to the guy you can hear why:D it was totally different and creative and admissions loved it!

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads