1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Personal Statement

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by xoomn, Jul 14, 2002.

1. xoomn

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey guyz,

I would like to know what the Adcom for DO schools look for in the personal statements. I have no clue about this personal statement. Please I need help here. Thank you... ;)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hobbes01

Hobbes01 Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm not an expert but I just talked about why I wanted to become a doctor and why I wanted to be a D.O.
    I remember a thread awhile back on personal statements...you might want to look for it to get more answers if you don't get a lot of other responses.
    Good luck!

4. vietcongs

vietcongs Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Make sure you tell them whats important about you and especially why you are interested in :clap: OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE :clap: (hopefully not b/c you cant get into an allopathic school)

5. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
  6. AnnaMags

AnnaMags Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

my biggest advice: this is the one place where you can truly stand out from everyone else in the committee's pile. It's always a dispute about how much weight they put on those, but I think it can be a very important factor. It's the one interesting part of an application and can definitely bring up topics of conversation in an interview. DO schools really like conversational interviews from what I can tell.

So, the bottom line is, make yourself seem different--tell about your crazy hobbies, amazing volunteer work, or interesting childhood. Be unique.

Good luck.

7. jhug

jhug 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

ditto to anna's statements....be creative! one guy i know talked about how one of his greatest challenges in life was his voice! when you talk to the guy you can hear why:D it was totally different and creative and admissions loved it!