Perspective

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

songaila

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, I want to thank all the people on the podiatry board helping me with all the questions I have. For the perspective students, shadowing different podiatrists is extremely important. If you set on practicing in saturated areas, you may want to think twice. I feel knowing exactly what you want is extremely important. Wanting to be called "doctor" or money shall not be the reason to join.

Of all the podiatrists I shadow and I talked on the phone(whether they love or hate the profession. One thing is common, you must love the profession to join. Don't join for any other reason. If you love the profession, then money is not an issue. For the pre-pods like me, talking to different podiatrists, pod students and residents and be honest about your questions. I have talked to some of the most wonderful people including some of the people on SDN. It really helps a lot and broaden your perspective.

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, I want to thank all the people on the podiatry board helping me with all the questions I have. For the perspective students, shadowing different podiatrists is extremely important. If you set on practicing in saturated areas, you may want to think twice. I feel knowing exactly what you want is extremely important. Wanting to be called "doctor" or money shall not be the reason to join.

Of all the podiatrists I shadow and I talked on the phone(whether they love or hate the profession. One thing is common, you must love the profession to join. Don't join for any other reason. If you love the profession, then money is not an issue. For the pre-pods like me, talking to different podiatrists, pod students and residents and be honest about your questions. I have talked to some of the most wonderful people including some of the people on SDN. It really helps a lot and broaden your perspective.

Dont you mean "Prospective" instead of perspective?
perspective=A mental view or outlook
prospective=potential, likely, or expected
Just thought i'd let you know. dont mean to be an a** about it.

It's good to hear that what you've been reading helped you out. It's always good to do your homework about anything, especially something that can take 7yrs and $150k. :)

I agree shadowing a variety of DPMs is by far the best way to go to learn about the profession.
I feel that a passion and dedication is the core of success and satisfaction.

...FWIW, I think OP did mean perspective... he got the perspective of many people in podiatric practice or school.

First of all, I want to thank all the people ...
Settle down there, little buddy, you're not accepting a Grammy award here ^ :D

Actually, you are both correct. He meant both "prospective" students (in the first line mispelled as perspective) and "perspective" in regards to their opinions and observations.

You both get a cookie!! :love: