petition@kcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samuel_erwin

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A short time ago, some faculty, employees, and staff members signed a petition for the removal of Dr. (James) McGovern and Dr. (Michael) Kuchera from their positions at KC0M. Is this petition posted somewhere? If not, could somebody give me the names of the individuals who signed the petition?

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know all of the names, but I can tell you that they were all clinical faculty. I don't think that the "petition" (which was actually more of a letter) has been published anywhere. But suffice it to say that there is a lot of politics involved. Much of it we don't even know. Yes, it is true that those clinical faculty who signed the letter originally called for both McGovern and Kuchera's resignations. (They subsequently rescinded their call for McGovern's resignation.) The clinical faculty disagree have no confidence in Dr Kuchera and would like him replaced.

As for those faculty who signed the letter, some were offered contracts, some weren't - about 8 weren't. Out of principal, some of the others have decided not to sign their contracts until those 8 are given contracts. There is much more to it, though in my opinion it is largely political rather than academic.

And, the college has been bringing in profs from other med schools to cover until the situation is resolved once and for all. While it is a disruption, life does go on. The board meets in 2 weeks to try and come up with a solution. Check back after that.

Don't believe sensational accounts of students being dismissed (perpetuated by lawyers who apparently can't find wnough work) or other sensational "hearsay". If it sounds really juicy, rememer - its human nature to love gossip and exageration. Life goes on, and I'll still be a doctor after this whole thing blows over.

Whoa what's going on over there?