PGY-2 position in CA - help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolybabe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Need lots of help. Finishing my first year and looking for second year position in ca. Questions

1) what are they looking for PGY -2 candidates?
2) Have good evaluations, ok score in ITE?
3) How to look for open position....any website or webpage. I heard about findaresident and resident swap? any good asking for $$$? is it worth it?

please pm me or send leave a msg. I need to get back to CA as my i need to be with my spouse.

any ideas or help would be appreciated..

coolybabe

Members don't see this ad.

Hi CoolyBabe,

I'm looking for a spot too. I just looked at both of their teaser pages
http://www.residentswap.org/residency_vacancies_summary.php
and
https://services.aamc.org/findaresi...1&CFTOKEN=ECF5B4B8-7029-4262-9F9F4A0A81C09A2A

ResidentSwap has 297 openings out of which Family Medicine has 1 PGY1 opening and 13 PGY2 openings.
FindAResident has 85 openings out of which there are NO PGY1 openings and 11 PGY2 openings.

I searched other forums for opinions and most of the posts say "dont waste your money of Findaresident"

ResidentSwap has some kind of partnership with Student Doctor Network forum and they post spots on SDN??? I'm curious how it makes sense for them? Overall it looks like Resident Swap is a better choice.

thanks!

what are you planning to do??. I need to find a place because its necessary for my marital life. what other strategies to utilize to find a position.

Can we call aafp...to ask for openings in PGY 2...would they know....

and when should we apply now or after the match??? any ideas

thanks!

though i live on the west coast, my best iv were on the east....the westcoast iv were at county and affil hospitals for IM.

i really want to find out whether its possible to do 1y of cat IM at a good prog eastcoast and then transfer back out west to similar caliber IM prog...i can stand to be out east away from kids for 1y only...or should i rank just west coast midtier because it will not be possible....

please ur thoughts....