PGY-2 programs in/out of ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anesthesia27

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any programs that take PGY-2s for 2007?

I all start as PGY-2 after your internship and applying now would mean you are starting in July of 2008 but are there programs that interview in this years match for july 2007?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

anesthesia27 said:
Does anyone know of any programs that take PGY-2s for 2007?

I all start as PGY-2 after your internship and applying now would mean you are starting in July of 2008 but are there programs that interview in this years match for july 2007?

Thanks!

This is a topic that has been covered many times. The answer is yes. Some even start interviewing during the spring of the previous year (i.e., some started interviewing in March, 2006 for July, 2007 CA-1/PGY-2 spots). You have to contact the ones you are interested in to find out.

For a July 2007 CA-1 spot you need to do the following (starting NOW):

Send a CV and cover letter to every program specifically inquiring about 2007 CA-1 spots. Get the addresses from FREIDA and use Microsoft Word to mail merge a personalized letter. Look on line and in the help to learn how to do it. 3-4 hours and $50 and you're done.

Apply through ERAS for 2008 CA-1 spots. In the process of interviewing, you may find out about a 2007 CA-1 spot.