Pharmacist Job Offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did 4 14s at CVS until they cut hrs to 13.

Not fun but least 3-day weekends

I would much rather drop to 32/week

Ah. I thought you did that at WM

Members don't see this ad.

Actually wages need to go down to like $30 bucks/hr. This will help supply and demand.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
In state FL publix pay their new pharmacist $57/hr and CVS $50/hr

Just completed a phone interview with Walmart, they didn't give me a salary or wage right off the bat (I butchered one of the questions anyway, lol) but the position only guaranteed 48 hours per 2 weeks (and have full-time benefits), and gave the option to float between 3 different stores for additional hours. They also mentioned that for every hour you go above the 48 per 2 weeks, you get an additional $3/hour.

Overall, I think I'd rather keep my current job where I'm guaranteed 64 per pay period at $58/hr, but I've been getting way more hours than that because I cover lots of different stores instead of just 3 stores. It also sounds a bit shady that they wouldn't tell me the wage/salary right off the bat.

Just completed a phone interview with Walmart, they didn't give me a salary or wage right off the bat (I butchered one of the questions anyway, lol) but the position only guaranteed 48 hours per 2 weeks (and have full-time benefits), and gave the option to float between 3 different stores for additional hours. They also mentioned that for every hour you go above the 48 per 2 weeks, you get an additional $3/hour.

Overall, I think I'd rather keep my current job where I'm guaranteed 64 per pay period at $58/hr, but I've been getting way more hours than that because I cover lots of different stores instead of just 3 stores. It also sounds a bit shady that they wouldn't tell me the wage/salary right off the bat.
Where are you and who are you with now?

The phone interview with Walmart might be the initial screen with an HR manager before it goes to the actual person doing the hiring

48/pay period FT is very cush if you care only about benefits (still cheaper than buying health insurance as an individual) and don't want to work that much

Employers usually don't tell you the salary until you get a formal written offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
The phone interview with Walmart might be the initial screen with an HR manager before it goes to the actual person doing the hiring

48/pay period FT is very cush if you care only about benefits (still cheaper than buying health insurance as an individual) and don't want to work that much

Yeah, I really don't want to work very much, but I'm worried the profession is gonna fall completely apart in the next few years. I'm trying to grind as much as I can, while i still can...

Could you work both jobs for a year or two? Would help you hit the of 39k the employer can put into your 401k and you'd bank a lot of money and could drop one in a few years

I actually did not think of that. The income would be soooooo insane. I'd probably have to work a deal with WAGs though, wonder how flexible they would be with that...

I think I'm just dreaming at this point, though. I kinda butchered the phone interview. Said some good things, but totally butchered one of the Q's. But I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
NGL looking at some of these pharmacies hit multiple times in Philly (first after the George Floyd murder then now)... just close up and let these places continue to rot. Don't need to virtue signal like Walmart and reopen like they did in Chicago

$45/hr with occasional robbery?

What's the market in North California ? Like redding or chico area. Per hour pay for retail.

Just be reminded you coulda gotten $75 4-5 years ago (well as PIC anyway)

It is what it is.

Yeah thats how much it is for manager position as of now still PIC usually refers to manager right?

I graduated last year and I am very grateful for this position, 40 hrs per week with full bennies and relocation package.
Truly an "offer that I can't refuse" as a new grad

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah thats how much it is for manager position as of now still PIC usually refers to manager right?

I graduated last year and I am very grateful for this position, 40 hrs per week with full bennies and relocation package.
Truly an "offer that I can't refuse" as a new grad

Absolutely, it is not an offer you can refuse. I would take that job and milk the sh** out of it if I was in your position. Hopefully you're in an area with a low cost of living, start hammering away at that debt ASAP.

Absolutely, it is not an offer you can refuse. I would take that job and milk the sh** out of it if I was in your position. Hopefully you're in an area with a low cost of living, start hammering away at that debt ASAP.

Thank you for your kind words, but I am very fortunate enough to not have any loans so it really was triple win win win for me.
Just kinda suck that my social life is almost non existent lmao

Only sheeple normies seethe about the "lack of social life."

You can always get COVID-19 at some non-social-distanced event and spread it around. Free country!!!1111111111

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
COVID-19 is lame-ass disease with unacceptably low mortality rate. If I am to suffer through non-stop coverage from every frigging toaster, I want a real pandemic, like bubonic plague and smallpox real!

Could you work both jobs for a year or two? Would help you hit the of 39k the employer can put into your 401k and you'd bank a lot of money and could drop one in a few years

What is this 39k?

Your match has a cap. And its roughly 39k. Obviously we don't hit it on our income. Self employed people can do it though

Oh no wonder I've never heard of it haha.

I didn't mind 4-5 hour shifts when I lived 10 mins from the pharmacy... if a long drive is involved, it quickly becomes not worth it...
Impressive that they do benefits and extra pay at 24 hours base... used to be at least 30 to qualify for benefits (with Walgreens).

How scummy would they look NOT paying a pharmacist benefits? man that's low.....i think it's just for PR ya know? Although i see the day when that may be a very real possibility for us....

How scummy would they look NOT paying a pharmacist benefits? man that's low.....i think it's just for PR ya know? Although i see the day when that may be a very real possibility for us....

Those 46 hour pharmacist positions at Wally World don’t pay benefits.

Yeah, they did promise me full time benefits with 48 hour pay periods. They never got back to me though. Oh well, chances are good they wouldn't pay nearly as much as I make now. I was just trying to see what was out there in my area.

(How do I get out of probationary status? Feels like I'm wearing a scarlet letter...)

Yeah, they did promise me full time benefits with 48 hour pay periods. They never got back to me though. Oh well, chances are good they wouldn't pay nearly as much as I make now. I was just trying to see what was out there in my area.

(How do I get out of probationary status? Feels like I'm wearing a scarlet letter...)
If they offer you a salary position even at 48 hours/pay period (2 weeks), you will get benefits. If your position is hourly (even if you work close to 80 hours per paid period) you won’t get benefits. I have seen plenty of salary pharmacists base 48/pay period but end up working 66-76 hours unless you are not available or flexible to pick up extra shifts.

Those 46 hour pharmacist positions at Wally World don’t pay benefits.

Some do, ive seen it, was a manager for years. But yeah some dont. it's funny, like they can bend the rules depending....

It's about the FT/PT status. FT you might get benefits right away. PT you would qualify for benefits after 1 year (in general). And you still have to sign up, not have your hand held.

It's about the FT/PT status. FT you might get benefits right away. PT you would qualify for benefits after 1 year (in general). And you still have to sign up, not have your hand held.

Yeah exactly , ive seen some stuff go on though, you know what i mean. they have "rules" yeah, but occasionally, a pharm gets bennies whos working low hours.

I have seen some shady-ass **** like pharmacists being left part-time but they work 72-80 hours a pay period. That means they get totally ****ed on their PTO accumulation.

Dis is why when the MHWD musical chairs come around can't feel sorry for any of them. LMAO

I have seen some shady-ass **** like pharmacists being left part-time but they work 72-80 hours a pay period. That means they get totally ****ed on their PTO accumulation.

Dis is why when the MHWD musical chairs come around can't feel sorry for any of them. LMAO

LMAO yep.... you go here, you go there... hey occupational hazard.