Pharmacist,no job....work as a tech?!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
He graduates in May, guys. Read a few posts up to get full context.

My response was to the OP but I see now it's a grave dig anyways and they got a job.

Members don't see this ad.

I would take NAPLEX earlier than July. I was in the same boat. You will probably have to put more work in to get a job including multiple licensure. Life isn't fair.

Sine,
Yes, life is not fair I agree but I am looking for a way around this mess...I need to accrue some intern hours before I can take the NAPLEX (in the state where I live immediately after graduation).

The reality is, I have rent and loan bills will come in shortly after graduation. I simply will not have money to live on my own anymore after graduation. My option after graduation is to live with family, but my family resides in an area saturated with pharmacy schools. I have applied like crazy to intern positions, however not too sure if they will hire a grad pharmacy student or if they are looking for pharm students in school-this is the reason why I even thought of being a tech again. I want a temporary "pharmacy" job because I feel like it would help me maintain knowledge/contact.

This is under state law, not federal. Most states will not allow interns to work as technicians...but you need to check with your state.

I figured this, but I will do my research. Thought I could find it online but I guess I'll need to make a call to by state's BOP.

Move to another state. I know classmates (all East Coast natives) in TX, NV, AZ, and CA. Move where the job offer is.

Personally I wouldn't want or hire a pharmacist with low confidence to work as a 'tech' for me unless that person is ready to do the job from day 1 as a tech. The main reason is that I know it is a short term rental. Why would I invest my resources into training someone who is going to leave in 3-6 months... unless there is a good possibility of retaining that person long term. In that case, employer will probably be willing to train you longer to be a pharmacist, not train you to be a tech in their system, then train you again to be a pharmacist for them.

My advice is not to market yourself as a tech. Find your confidence in a different way, at least for interviews.