Pharmacist wanting to go to med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Most adcoms dont exactly know what to do with it because in the old days people went to school right out of college, but I disagree it doesn't mean anything.
I believe they don't make a distinction. It's all calculated with your GPA in undergrad. They compute your GPA using a simple formula that doesn't fit in distinction.

ALso, to the guys wanting to switch careers. Pharmacy definitely needs to branch into other areas, but med school is soul crushing. The 3.9 guy sounds like a good fit for medicine, but he should be aware that he has no idea what he is walking into. And there is no way med folk can explain it to him, as language does not convey the pain.

However, I do sometimes wonder if I shoul have followed the med route. I know it aint glamourous and it's not what it's cracked up to be, but doctors do get respect at work, don't have to deal with bosses or micromanagement. Their organizations control the supply. I feel like pharmacy has totally lost the point of a residcency, to control supply in the face of massive school openings. Some imagination in pushing scope of practice would be welcome too.
Hi ,
yeah, agree with part of what you said but don't be naive that physicians don't need to deal with bosses and still get respect. In reality, it's pretty cruel, physicians still need to deal with politics, micromanagment,work crazy hours,legal liability, risks of contracting different diseases, dealing with insurance, papar work,don't get as much as respect like good old days. medicine is changing now to worse.just be prepared.

Members don't see this ad.

The admissions committee might not view it as such. I would like to think of it as more indicative of your ability but I've been told by others who have been on the admissions committee that it is not so.

Not complaining, as grad grades are naturally lower, but from my past experience, I believe the count the grades, AMCAS-wise as one bloc GPA. This is used as cut-offs. I imagine more in-depth looking is done. Don't know if they would have the time to separate them as such during committee meetings.