Pharmacy internship question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yfrulla

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello !

I'm a foreign grad living in Nevada with a valid pharmacy intern license issued by the state board .
I'm trying to apply for a volunteer pharmacy internship position to do 1500 hours .
Obviously , It seems close to impossible to find a place because most of the chains have a deal with the pharmacy school of Nevada which leaves me with the independents .
That's also hard because they have their staff in place etc etc etc .....

Any tips ?

Thanks for your help !

Members don't see this ad.

@anh80

Thanks for your reply .
I am willing to do my internship without pay and that's how I approach the pharmacy managers but it doesn't seem to make a difference .
The chains always either tell me that they go through the state schooling system , or give me the contact Infos of a district manager and , if I get a hold of them , they tell me to apply online which I have but obviously I have never heard anything back .
Anyways , I'll keep asking around

Thanks

@anh80

Thanks for your reply .
I am willing to do my internship without pay and that's how I approach the pharmacy managers but it doesn't seem to make a difference .
The chains always either tell me that they go through the state schooling system , or give me the contact Infos of a district manager and , if I get a hold of them , they tell me to apply online which I have but obviously I have never heard anything back .
Anyways , I'll keep asking around

Thanks

I am also a foreign grad. I applied at Walmart for a pharmacy technician, and once I was hired, I showed them my intern license & was transitioned into being an intern. I would try to start there. Maybe even if you were only a tech, your preceptor would sign for the intern hours.

@PharmD311

Thanks for your reply . I will consider this as well . I thought that this couldn't be done but if it can be then why not ..!

Best regards