pharmacy school

piano1991

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a high school senior and need some college advice. I applied for UIC GPPA pharmacy and Honors college. I already got into the honors college and waiting now am for GPPA response. But, I have decided to go to pursue a 2+4 program so I would be able to get out sooner and go to Midwestern University in Downers Grove because it is a much cheaper commute for me.

The question is should I go for undergrad at a college or a university? I have tested out most of the prerequisites for Midwestern because of AP credit. Since I don't need to take many courses and I am paying for college I was thinking about going to the College of Dupage. But I was wondering if this would hurt my chances of getting into Midwestern in the future. Currently I have my pharmacy technician license and intern in a retail pharmacy and in the past I have volunteered in a hospital inpatient pharmacy throughout middle school (I've been wanting to be a pharmacist for a while now haha). Also, I am going to take a technician certification class this summer. I was wondering if maybe my pharmacy involvement, diverse EC's and a high PCAT score could distract from the fact that I got my prereqs from AP credit and community college courses?

Members don't see this ad.

If no one here answers you then you'll probably have better luck in the pre-pharm section. :)

I'm not sure if this is the case for pharmacy schools, but med schools do not acknowledge AP credit. I'm willing to bet that you will have to take all of your pre-reqs even though you passed the tests.