pharmacy tech licensure????

Started by MIpharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MIpharm

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I passed the PTCB exam, but I dont know if I have apply for a license through the state of Michigan or not. I've used the michigan.gov website, google, etc. to find the answer but I can't find it. I know some states require that techs get licensed after passing the test, but dont know if thats true for michigan. Does anyone know or know where I can find out?? Thanks everyone.
 
MIpharm said:
So I passed the PTCB exam, but I dont know if I have apply for a license through the state of Michigan or not. I've used the michigan.gov website, google, etc. to find the answer but I can't find it. I know some states require that techs get licensed after passing the test, but dont know if thats true for michigan. Does anyone know or know where I can find out?? Thanks everyone.

I'm not sure, but I think in every state you must be liscensed by the state board to work as a tech. If you can't find an answer on ther Michigan state board of pharmacy website, call them and ask. 😉
 
what does this mean? i thought after u take the ptcb u are a certified tech?...what is this licensure u guys are talking about?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what does this mean? i thought after u take the ptcb u are a certified tech?...what is this licensure u guys are talking about?

for pharmacy techs - its usually just registration....you have to apply to the state board of pharmacy you are interested in.....submit your documents (the PTCB certification), get fingerprinted (some states) & pay your money....thats the important part!

Then...you get registered in your state - voila! You are now a certified & registered pharmacy tech in your state! Check your state board of pharmacy to get the complete details...
 
hi..i am interested in working as a phrmacy technician in florida..what is the ptcb exam??and how can i avail that?well actually i am a pharmacy graduate unfortunately i am not covered of the 5 year curriculum and i gained my license here in philippines..i know that it would be a long process for me to practice pharmacy in other countries so i am planning to start with as a pharmacy technician if that could be possible..help please...thnx😉