Pharmacy Test???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmac01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI, I wanted to know if anyone here knows anything about this test im supposed to take. The story is, I work at a grocery store and Im trying to get my app together for pharmacy school. I noticed that if i had a letter of reference from a pharmacist it would be really good. Well I decided to ask my store manager about getting some time over in the pharmacy and he told me he could do it a couple of hours a week. Later he told me that he was going to change my job code to Pharm Tech. I was kinda shocked b/c I thought I needed to take a certification test. He told me when I posted for the pharmacy job I was going to have to take this test on the computer that takes about 30 minutes. ?!?!?! Does anyone know anything about this test. I'm too embarrassed to ask my manager or the pharmacist about it b/c I don't want to put any doubts in their head. But I've never worked in a pharmacy before and I have no knowledge about it or what is on this test. COULD anyone PLEASE fill me in on this test.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like its something particular to your store. That is not the same thing as being a certified tech. Not all states require techs to be certified. Its probably a placement test to see where they need to start training you.

HI, I wanted to know if anyone here knows anything about this test im supposed to take. The story is, I work at a grocery store and Im trying to get my app together for pharmacy school. I noticed that if i had a letter of reference from a pharmacist it would be really good. Well I decided to ask my store manager about getting some time over in the pharmacy and he told me he could do it a couple of hours a week. Later he told me that he was going to change my job code to Pharm Tech. I was kinda shocked b/c I thought I needed to take a certification test. He told me when I posted for the pharmacy job I was going to have to take this test on the computer that takes about 30 minutes. ?!?!?! Does anyone know anything about this test. I'm too embarrassed to ask my manager or the pharmacist about it b/c I don't want to put any doubts in their head. But I've never worked in a pharmacy before and I have no knowledge about it or what is on this test. COULD anyone PLEASE fill me in on this test.

I agree. Probably a store test, in that case don't worry about it. To expand.. some states you must be certified and licensed, some only licensed, and others require neither. Check with your pharmacist or Board of Pharmacy website for details.