Pharmcas and pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chestnuter

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm retaking the pcat during the October/November cycle since I did really bad on September one. I want to get into pharmacy school for 2015 but I was wondering is this enough time for the pcat scores to be posted on my pharmcas?

Also I will be doing my pharmcas today but I was wondering would the application be incomplete and not considered for an interview until my second pcat is posted?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm retaking the pcat during the October/November cycle since I did really bad on September one. I want to get into pharmacy school for 2015 but I was wondering is this enough time for the pcat scores to be posted on my pharmcas?

Also I will be doing my pharmcas today but I was wondering would the application be incomplete and not considered for an interview until my second pcat is posted?

Depending on the schools's deadlines for your PharmCAS application. It takes about 4-6 wks for Person to send out official scores for your PCAT and a while for PhamCAS to post your PCAT. So if you take the PCAT in October, you might have enough time to make it for December '14 or January '15 deadlines. If you take the PCAT in November, you might not have enough time for December '14 deadlines but you might make it for January '15 deadlines or later.

Also, keep in mind that PharmCAS might take to 5 wks to process and verify your application and transcripts. If you have already sent out the score for your 1s attempt for the PCAT, and if you send in your application now, your application will be complete whenever PharmCAS is done processing and verifying your application, even in the case your 2nd PCAT score has yet to be received and updated by PharmCAS. In this case, schools might invite you for interviews if everything is there even before PharmCAS got done with the processing and verifying your application.

If you have not sent in your 1st PCAT score yet, your PharmCAS will not be complete until everything is in, including your PCAT. Although your app is not complete yet without your PCAT scores, submitting your app now gives your app enough time to get proccessed and verified by PharmCAS and ready to go when your PCAT scores are in and updated to your application.

Note: in the 1st case (that is you already sent in your PCAT), if you worry that schools will not interview you bc of the low score of your 1st PCAT attempt, call the schools to see what they might want to do before deciding to hold off submitting your application. GL !! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user