PharmCAS and Pearson/PCAT conflict...what to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabapharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I want to start applying this upcoming summer 09' to get into pharm school for Fall 2010. I want to take the PCAT for the first time this January, 2009...buuut PharmCAS doesn't open up until June 2009 for the Fall 2010 application cycle....how exactly am I supposed to send my January 2009 scores to PharmCAS if I won't have a profile with them until June 2009? You are supposed to get 3 free scores sent out by Pearson with your registration...I emailed them and they said sorry I would have to pay if I selected PharmCAS after I registered...

Does anyone know what would happen if I select to send it to PharmCAS now anyways, before I have a profile? Will they just send my scores to PharmCAS and then PharmCAS will keep it until I have a profile? Or is the best solution to wait, only send the scores to myself, and then pay to send the scores to PharmCAS in June?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks everyone! PharmCAS: we delete everything after that application cycle is done, so if you send your scores to us before the 2010 cycle opens in June, we will have no profile to connect it to...solution: only send to myself for now in January then pay (ugh, but oh well) afterwards in June to send to PharmCAS

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone! PharmCAS: we delete everything after that application cycle is done, so if you send your scores to us before the 2010 cycle opens in June, we will have no profile to connect it to...solution: only send to myself for now in January then pay (ugh, but oh well) afterwards in June to send to PharmCAS

I just applied for the January test and it wouldn't let me proceed unless I sent the scores to at least one school. If there was a way to do that, I didn't see it. I had to send the scores to PharmCAS just so I could register.

To diastole: When I didn't put any schools and clicked "next" (or whatever button that was), a popup popped up (but I had to disable popup blocker to see it) and the popup said something like "are you sure you don't want to select any schools? you have selected no schools" and then I had to choose yes, and theeen it let me proceed without sending to PharmCAS. Not so sure what will happen in your case...maybe they will send it, and then you will have to resend for 2010? That's what they had told me, but maybe call and ask them just to make sure.

To HealthNut12: As to why I wanna take PCAT in Jan 09 if I'm applying for 2010--I would like to apply as early as possible, maybe send everything in by late summer, or at least the very beginning of fall, to increase my chances of getting in...so I want to make sure if I mess up on the January PCAT, I have time to re-take it over the summer...I know you're prob like welll u have August and October...buut I'll be in school then and not have as much time to study as I do now over winter break for the January one...and over summer break for the June one, if I have to re-take it.

I think this companies are making their money and they don't care about the students who are taking the PCAT exams.:cool:

Why don't you apply this year for Fall 2009? Thats what I am doing! you still have time. I am taking the PCAT on Jan for the first time as well. good luck!