PharmCAS Questions

Started by foraminal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I was hoping I could work on my application before I go to work, but I just got off the phone with them. They said: " It should be up probably around noon."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was hoping I could work on my application before I go to work, but I just got off the phone with them. They said: " It should be up probably around noon."



another fun year of dealing with the "AMAZING" customer service of PharmCAS. such a waste of money and time....
 
lol. same thing happened last year.

Good luck everyone, it'll be an exciting year for you :luck:
 
Wow it's been a year already, that was really fast. I remember making the same post last year about PharmCAS not opening up on June 1st. Just a reminder, turn in your application early, first wave of applications should be sent out by late july/early august from PharmCAS. G'luck to 2010 applicants.
 
I want to make a account on pharmcas but I dont know how. I went into application login and it gave me a red text -.-.

Do I have to pay a fee to make a account?
 
Still nothing... I hope this isn't a theme with PharmCAS. Are they late with everything else too?
 
this is so sad.. i even tried changing the url from "applicants09" to "applicants10" and it didn't work :x i'm way too anxious.
 
RELAX. If you turn it in today or next week it won't matter. Go watch some TV or take a nap (my personal favorite) 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙁 Took a day off just to get up at 8AM for the application...so sad...was planning on just getting the PharmCAS ID and printing out the transcipt request form so I can get going on sending the transcript...
 
I was hoping I could work on my application before I go to work, but I just got off the phone with them. They said: " It should be up probably around noon."

I just got off the phone with them and was told and I quote "The application will be available by 11:59EST" so I said its "1PM EST" and Jennifer said "No 11:59PM EST" Stupid PharmCas!

So, the application won't be 100% available until June 4th... so chill out everyone she said "It may open up before then but not likely" Eh, I'll relax for a few more hours before my sleepless nights begin.

Good luck to everyone! :luck:
 
you can also find the PCAT CID on the score report (if you already took the PCAT and have received your score report)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you can also find the PCAT CID on the score report (if you already took the PCAT and have received your score report)

I took the pcat last October and plan to take it again this August. Would my CID be the same as the one reported on teh october report? Or would I get a new CID in August?

(Sorry, I'm a newbie at pcat)
 
I just called to ask about that. They said you can enter it in once you've registered for the PCAT. I also went onto the Pearson website to look it up from my previous PCAT, but I didn't see any PCAT CID. So I'll enter it in as soon as I register for the next one.


I took the pcat last October and plan to take it again this August. Would my CID be the same as the one reported on teh october report? Or would I get a new CID in August?

(Sorry, I'm a newbie at pcat)
 
I do not have CID yet because I am going to take Pcat this August. Can I just go head and apply for Pharmcas and go back later to give them my CID? thanks
 
So I want my mail to go to my home (homehome) 🙂
So I put current and permanent addresses as the same... as it still asks current address until ??/??/?? .... foreverrrr.
 
I took the pcat last October and plan to take it again this August. Would my CID be the same as the one reported on teh october report? Or would I get a new CID in August?

(Sorry, I'm a newbie at pcat)

I took it on october 2006 and plan to retake it again this october. I would assume that it would be the same. Really, it would have to be (from my logic). Because you should be sending scores from both times you took it. Kind of like when you take other tests (like the SAT or GRE) they send one score report with two dates listed. So I assume that it would be the same. You could contact the pcat people if you wouldl iek to check on that.
 
so what all does the application require? any paperwork i need to have handy? do you have to submit a personal statement through PharmCAS?
 
I do not have CID yet because I am going to take Pcat this August. Can I just go head and apply for Pharmcas and go back later to give them my CID? thanks

I believe the CID is the PCAT Candidate ID, which is a long-sequenced number you find at the top right corner when you view your receipt on the Pearson site. Correct me if I'm wrong, since that is what I've done for now.
 
Please help! I have problem to enter my coursework. where can I go to enter all the classes that I took.
 
Last edited:
Since some people suggest looking at the application even if you're not applying, I was wondering if it was worth the effort to sign up, etc. Does it mandate that all fields be completed prior to advancement to the next section?
 
Since some people suggest looking at the application even if you're not applying, I was wondering if it was worth the effort to sign up, etc. Does it mandate that all fields be completed prior to advancement to the next section?
No, you can pick and choose which order to do them in.

Please help! I have problem to enter my coursework. where can I go to enter all the classes that I took.
Click on Coursework > Add Session > and add your courses based on the quarter/semester you took them in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to take the PCAT for the second time this August. When I registered for the PCAT, I already told them to send the scores to PharmCas.

Now the question is, for the PCAT I took first time around back in last October, do I have to request PCAT to send this score to PharmCas?
 
I've lived in state for 1 yr 7 mos. Should I put 1 yr or 2 yrs? Technically it's not 2 yrs, but it will be well over 2 years at matriculation. ??


So I want my mail to go to my home (homehome) 🙂
So I put current and permanent addresses as the same... as it still asks current address until ??/??/?? .... foreverrrr.

I did the same and put 2014 for the until date.
 
I've lived in state for 1 yr 7 mos. Should I put 1 yr or 2 yrs? Technically it's not 2 yrs, but it will be well over 2 years at matriculation. ??




I did the same and put 2014 for the until date.

The advice I got when I asked the same question was to choose 1 year, because you have lived there one year or over but have not yet reached two years, despite being there for 2 years by matriculation.

In short, I don't think it really matters a lot either way.

Go PharmCAS! I'm glad I didn't try to use the system before when everyone else was having problems, I probably would've had a nervous breakdown.
 
Question.... I'm trying to put in my courses. However, what exactly do they mean by "credit hours." Is that just the normal credit - ie. a normal science class is usually 3 or 4 credits. At my undergraduate school, we had these things called "units" which were basically how many hours the class was supposed to take - so 9 or 12 units usually (our rule was divide by 3 to get the number of credits).

Sooo... which is it? Thanks!