PharmCAS Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am in the same boat you all are in. I talked to a representative from PharmCAS today and he said that the applications should be mailed out monday. So there you go!

Good Luck Everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm.. so I guess prolly my app is on the same boat. Although I was contacted by Pharmcas because I needed to make corrections on the coursework.... they said I had 48hrs to fix it, I did, so I hope it gets mailed out on Monday then. I had talked with a pharmcas rep and he told me it shouldn't take more than 10 business days to be sent.

anyone know why PharmCAS gpa calculations aren't automatic? since we've done the tedious task of typing it already, shouldn't they have a quick way to spit out their GPAs after we e-submit instead of 5 weeks?

I KNOW!!! :rolleyes: It makes no sense whatsoever! I mean, and supposedly they "verify". For what? So in the end, if they find too many "discrepancies" they send you back your application so you can fix it... I mean.. they have an official copy of the transcripts...

Members don't see this ad :)
It is my understanding that if you submit your application to PharmCAS by your chosen school's deadline - it is submitted in time. PharmCAS may take a couple of weeks to process everything but you are OK on the deadline.

So that means that if a deadline was on Nov 2 and I had submitted on Sept. 27, and Pharmcas took longer to mail out, will the school note the date when I submitted the application, and ignore the Pharmcas delay?

If you e-submitted it on time, you made the deadline. Don't pay attention to the mailing dates. The end. Stop worrying about it.

I am pretty sure the schools get a copy electronically before it is actually mailed. I called one of my schools, and talked to them about a problem, and they mentioned that they were looking at my PharmCAS application - but it was not "mailed" by PharmCAS yet. So seriously, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

I e-submitted on the 20th but my grades/gpa were all tabulated (already -submitted, just added a couple schools) and it hasn't sent mine out.

However, to the schools I already applied to, they sent out my "revised" application - this just means they sent them my latest pcat scores. So they sent out the pcat scores, but not the applications.

Another point - one of the schools I e-submitted but was not mailed yet sent me an email saying they received my application. They must email them or something also.

Yeah, same with me. I had previously attempted to apply early decision but ended up missing the deadline, so my application has been ready for months now. I finally decided on the schools I wanted to apply to and e-submitted 11/24. The status on PharmCAS is "Not Mailed", however I got an interview invitation 12/2! They def must send them eletronically first or something...

I wonder if my application will also get sent out this Monday? I just e-submitted couple days ago, but I submitted everything to PharmCas 6 months ago. I have no idea why I waited that long to e-submitted the application!

Once they vertify your GPA, they do not immediately mail out your application. They usually mail out everyone's applications once a week. So once it is vertified, your applications will be sent when they have their mass mailing.

Yes!!! :D At last I received email that my GPA was verified and indeed they are mailing out a bunch on Monday...

I am in the same boat you all are in. I talked to a representative from PharmCAS today and he said that the applications should be mailed out monday. So there you go!

Good Luck Everyone!

Well today is that so long waited Monday, and I checked and it appears as if the application has not been mailed out... or maybe the status has not been updated... which I doubt:rolleyes:... They said it was going out today:(. Let's hope maybe tomorrow it gets mailed out:xf::luck:

Well today is that so long waited Monday, and I checked and it appears as if the application has not been mailed out... or maybe the status has not been updated... which I doubt:rolleyes:... They said it was going out today:(. Let's hope maybe tomorrow it gets mailed out:xf::luck:

mine was mailed out.

The Pharmcas website states it takes up to five weeks to calculate GPAs. I know it takes longer later in the admission cycle due to the number of submissions. Just wondering if anyone who has submitted in the last five weeks can tell me how long it took for their GPA to be calculated? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
PharmCAS received my transcript on 12/7, so I'm also waiting on GPA calculation right now. I really hope it doesn't take 5+ weeks. I don't have that kind of patience in me! :scared:

I'll let you know when mine get calculated. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I put mine through in mid November and had it two weeks later. It doesn't necessarily take longer they just give you that time frame for when it starts getting busier (closer to deadlines) and the volume picks up. At least that's what pharmcas told me when I called them regarding it. (wee bit anxious myself haha)

I wish I had known that. and then I could have sent in my transcripts a month ago. perfect.

mine was mailed out.

Was your status updated on the Pharmacy Designations panel in the application?:confused:

Edit: I called and the Pharmcas rep told me that mine was going to be mailed out this next Monday... I think after they verify you and all they wait a week for your app to be mailed out or something.

Last edited:
Yeh, mine was mailed out then as well. Yes it was updated on the PharmCAS website. The representative said after GPA calculations it takes 10 days to finalize, but I believe it only took 7 days on mine then it was mailed out on that Monday with everyone elses on this thread.

If I don't get accepted into pharmacy school this year, do I have to have all my References resubmit their recommendation letters again?

Like someone saying, "And as further punishment for not making the cut you get to do the whole Pharmcas application again." Just the thought makes me feel physically ill. More motivation to ace the interview.

Like someone saying, "And as further punishment for not making the cut you get to do the whole Pharmcas application again." Just the thought makes me feel physically ill. More motivation to ace the interview.

Seriously, I dont understand that. Its stupid they dont have a system to keep those LORs. If I had to do it again it again I would highly doubt the prof kept a copy of their letter and to rewrite seems counterproductive. They would probably write it faster and not take their time. This is definitely something PharmCAS needs to change on their system.

I wasn't sure if I was getting in or not, so I asked all my references to make sure they save a copy of the letter. I also kept in touch with them throughout the process.

It's probably a good thing that PharmCAS doesn't save letters of recommendation. If you're applying to the same schools again, you'll want letters from a different set of recommenders anyway in order to give the admissions committee a new perspective on you as an individual. If you're applying to different schools the second time around, it's probably still good to have new people write letters. Since most of us waive our abililty to ever see the letters, you have no idea whether or not there was a negative comment in the letters.

I could understand that idea, but what about professors that know you really well? Or if you decided not to take classes prior to applying the 2nd time, you will still need LORs from professors.

Yeh, mine was mailed out then as well. Yes it was updated on the PharmCAS website. The representative said after GPA calculations it takes 10 days to finalize, but I believe it only took 7 days on mine then it was mailed out on that Monday with everyone elses on this thread.

Alas! It was finally mailed, and it took 7 days, you were right :).

I submitted my pharmcas applicaton on 12/7. My grades has not be calculated and I was wondering about the fall course updates. According to pharmcas an update window will open up starting 12/15 but I havnt received no link. Is it because my gpa hasnt been calculated????
Has everyone received the academic update already????

How can I update my coursework?
A: You may update your coursework information when PharmCAS initiates the academic update window. You will receive an E-mail notification when this window is available. The Academic Update window will open on December 15, 2009, following the completion of the Fall 2009 term, and close on February 1, 2010.

Yeah, pretty sure they have to calculate your GPA first. I need to update some courses, as well, and obviously input my grades for the fall.

Hi there. If anyone has recently had their GPA calculations come up would you please list your e-submit date and calculation date?

I am wondering if the Christmas holiday is going to hold up calculations much like it did for Thanksgiving. The answer is probably yes.

It's been 11 days since they received my transcript. I'm hoping it'll be done around the 3 week mark.

It's been 11 days since they received my transcript. I'm hoping it'll be done around the 3 week mark.

Today makes exactly 2 weeks for me. We should let each other know when they finish. I was starting to think mine was taking forever because I have a ton of credits to calculate. Hopefully it is soon but I doubt it because next week is Christmas and then New Years :(

I have a ton of credits too. I was thinking that is why mine would take longer than most. I do think we are all going to get caught up in the Christmas delay though. Ho hum. All I want for Christmas is my GPA calculated. Do you think Santa can make it happen?

I am planning to apply to pharmacy school two cycles from now. Can I open a PharmCas account now and have the professors send in letters of recomendations and use those letter when I apply? thx

I am planning to apply to pharmacy school two cycles from now. Can I open a PharmCas account now and have the professors send in letters of recomendations and use those letter when I apply? thx

No, they reset them every cycle. You have to wait till June of the summer prior to your intended matriculation year.

No problem. I have a friend in a similar situation. They dont want to have to ask for a LOR after quite some time since the recommender might lose contact with them or forget about them etc. Some universities allow you to open a file where they have those LOR kept for when you need them. Then they should send them out to all the schools you want.

I would first suggest telling the people to save their LOR for when you really need it and when the application cycle opens up theyll be ready to submit fairly quickly.

Haha, I've got 66 credits as of Summer 09 and 79 as of this semester. What about you guys?

I, too, am doubting that it'll happen before Christmas, but hey, miracles happen right? :rolleyes:

Send them here:

PHARMCAS
TRANSCRIPT DEPARTMENT
PO Box 9109
Watertown, MA 02471-4403

Use the transcript request form that you can print from the coursework tab of your application. I know you have already used that once, but they told me to use it again because they need your PharmCAS ID number so they can match it up with your application FAST.

Send them here:

PHARMCAS
TRANSCRIPT DEPARTMENT
PO Box 9109
Watertown, MA 02471-4403

Use the transcript request form that you can print from the coursework tab of your application. I know you have already used that once, but they told me to use it again because they need your PharmCAS ID number so they can match it up with your application FAST.

Thanks! So this means I have to go back to my university to do this? Damn, I just graduated and didnt think Id ever have to go back there. lol

Was it a conditional acceptance? (meaning that you are accepted rendering that you meet all of the prerequisites and materials) If so, then yes. It probably would be best to update everything anyways especially if you have applied to more than one school.

I would call your school and find out if you still need to send it to Pharmcas. They should be the ultimate authority on what you need to do.

Was it a conditional acceptance? (meaning that you are accepted rendering that you meet all of the prerequisites and materials) If so, then yes. It probably would be best to update everything anyways especially if you have applied to more than one school.

I didnt take any pre-reqs my last semester. I had everything done except a few classes I needed for my degree. I had my final transcripts sent directly to the school. Im just gonna call them to make sure. Thanks.