PharmCAS Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a ton of credits too. I was thinking that is why mine would take longer than most. I do think we are all going to get caught up in the Christmas delay though. Ho hum. All I want for Christmas is my GPA calculated. Do you think Santa can make it happen?
It took them about two weeks to calculate my GPA, and I had 99 credits.

Members don't see this ad.

that reported in their timeframes were at 20 days to calculate their GPA, and that was about two weeks ago....so it might be even longer now. Two weeks down, one week to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dec 1 to Dec 21 - not too bad.
I submitted on Dec 2 and am still waiting. But I have approx. 300 credits (not all relate but they wanted EVERYTHING, so they got it)

-- update - posted GPA calculation today 12/23! --

Last edited:
AHHH! FINALLY! After 17 days, my GPA is calculated. And right before Christmas. :laugh:

They say my app will be sent out in the next mailing cycle. VERY happy!

Yay me too!!! I just checked and it was finished yesterday at 5!!! I'm sure schools won't be getting it until after Christmas but at least I know it's going to get there.

If mine was verified today, would it mail this Monday the 28th or January 4th? Are their batches mailed weekly or biweekly?

I had the same issue. But schools were looking at my application before it was mailed since I was receiving emails from all the schools right after my application was verified and not mailed. I finally emailed pharmCAS and they replied back and mailed my application the next day so that might help too.

Submittted Dec 1st - calculated Dec 21st = 20 days
Submitted Dec 2nd - Calculated Dec 23rd = 21 days w/300+ credits
Submittetd Dec 4th - Calculated Dec 24th = 20 days w/162 credits
Submitted Dec 7th - Calculated Dec 24th = 17 days w/66 credits

Mine is submitted on Dec 8th - so hopefully will be calculated today or tomorrow at the latest. I have 130+ credits

Hey all. I requested weeks ago that my school send my fall transcripts to PharmCAS after fall grades were posted. My school says they were sent out 12/18 and PharmCAS still has not received them. Does anyone know how long it will take for them to actually receive my transcripts?? (I am in FL if that matters.)

Holiday season means the mail will take a little longer to get to its destination. Also the pharmCAS staff may take some time off to spend the holidays with their families.

Step back and take a breather, you transcripts will update soon :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in Florida too and it only took a day...Grades were sent on 14th and recieved on the 15th of this month.

Holiday season means the mail will take a little longer to get to its destination. Also the pharmCAS staff may take some time off to spend the holidays with their families.

Step back and take a breather, you transcripts will update soon :)

You make a good point! They deserve a break there too haha

Don't want to threadjack, but can we also use this thread to find out when apps get mailed out? Sources saying when PharmCAS mails out apps vary wildly and I figured some solid figures would be nice.

Good idea... mine still haven't been mailed yet :( I think it is due to the holidays however... I'm not sure if PharmCAS employees get the winter break off like we do in college. I'm sure the first week of January things will be coming along a lot faster.

Feel free. If you have any dates you know of please go ahead and post them.

I submitted on the 8th of Dec. No calculations yet. Will PharmCAS send you an email once it has calculated your GPA? I check the PharmCAS website 3 times a day just to check. It's getting bothersome. Also, no application has been sent out yet :(

Does anyone know when the deadline is for PharmCas to receive your fall grades?

Just making sure, when they say yes to...

Does your institution require proof of U.S. residency?

Does this mean you must have lived in the US for a certain amount of time?

Just making sure, when they say yes to...

Does your institution require proof of U.S. residency?

Does this mean you must have lived in the US for a certain amount of time?

It could be one of several things
  • You have to have a valid US Driver's License or a US Passport or a Visa to reside in the US
  • You are a permanent resident of the US, in which case you have a "green card," which is a permanent resident card
  • If you are an international student, you have to show that you live somewhere in the US

Academic Update was available as of this morning.

*Edit*: I called today 12/30 and verified that my application is only scheduled to be mailed out. It will be mailed out this coming Monday 1/4.

Last edited:
Submitted my application on the 17th, and had my GPA calculated as of today. I had 100 Credits

Hope that helps some of you guys

I e-submitted my Pharmcas application on Dec. 16. They still haven't calculated my GPA. Did anyone else submit on this same day and have their GPAs calculated?

This is a off topic question, but how long did it take for them to update PCAT scores? I submitted my scores back in Oct and I still don't see it on my application. I emailed them, but did not get any response.

If you have not been contacted I would absolutely call them. You have to reach someone to get the issue straightened out. I would do this today rather than wait any longer to see if resolves itself.

Hi,

Happy new years!

I was wondering, if I designate a few more schools, but don't click the academic update button, will pharmcas still send my application to those newly designated schools?

Thanks

Hi,

Happy new years!

I was wondering, if I designate a few more schools, but don't click the academic update button, will pharmcas still send my application to those newly designated schools?

Thanks

Once the academic update is clicked, it will 'send' your application to the schools you desire, but as you know, it usually takes about a week for PharmCAS to mail your application.

I understand that, but what if I don't click it yet. I'm not done updating, but I need to submit my old application to a few more schools.

I understand that, but what if I don't click it yet. I'm not done updating, but I need to submit my old application to a few more schools.

I haven't clicked yet because my transcripts still haven't been received. I don't think you will be able to send the 'old' application because of the academic window being open right now, but I could be wrong.

You might as well finish the academic update and then send it off, these schools will need an updated version of your application sooner or later

Hey!! I am in the same boat as YOU!
So far I cannot update BUT my GPA was just verified Today!
So I am going to wait about a week for it to allow me to update my
coursework, hopefully, it will show up around then.
If you still check this thread please let me know if you ever get it updated! I will come back the day it allows me to update! I need to get
my apps in!! and I am sure you do too!

I e-submitted my application on 12/1 and GPA was posted on 12/21. My application was sent this morning, 1/4, and the academic update button appeared after that.

Can you please tell us where the academic update button is located????
Either I am overlooking it or it is not there.

Can you please tell us where the academic update button is located????
Either I am overlooking it or it is not there.

In the coursework section there should be a "complete" button next to the planned/in progress Fall 09. Once you click on that you'll be able to put in your grades. There should also be a "e-submit academic update" button below pharmacy destination on the main page.

Yeah, those buttons are definitely not there.

Is there someone else like me??

I MAY call pharmcas if this is the case and I am the only one. I have never called them before so I don't know if itll be helpful.

Ok so I called them and she said that she would email her supervise about it. Also, the buttons should show up and I should recieve an email about it. If not she told me to call Thurs. or Friday if it is not fixed by then.

My application was mailed on 1/4 so it took approximately 1 month. It doesn't seem long, but the waiting seems like forever!

So pharmCAS sent me a message saying they will mail my applications on the next mailing cycle.

Does anyone know how I can tell if they have mailed it?

Under the pharmacy designations section, it says that my application have "Not Mailed" so... when it gets mailed will it say "Mailed"??

Look under pharmacy designations. It should say mailed or not mailed.

My GPa was just verified on Jan the 4th.

does anyone know how long it takes for them to send out the applications?

Pharmcas mails out applications in batches and on Monday. This is what I have determined. After calculating your GPA they wait a week, probably to allow for corrections if any errors have been made, and then mail it out on the first Monday that comes up after a week has passed by. My GPA was calculated and verified on Monday December 28th and then mailed out after a waiting week on Monday January 4th. I was worried that they would make me wait another week to mail it out but that didn't happen. So, based on that your app should be sent out on Monday January 11th.

Like the final page with your final pharmcas GPA on it, what does it look like? Do they order by school or by type of class (science/non-science) or highest grades first or how? I'm just curious since I know pharmacy schools don't get the transcripts but the pharmcas summary and I wanted an idea of what my college coursework would look like to them.

The first table has categories based on year: e.g. Fresh Soph Junior Senior Post-Bacc. etc. Within the above there will be categories for science GPA, cumulative, etc. They can look at the right hand side to see if you've had an upward trend, for example. Then there will also be another table telling your GPA for lots of categories like biochemistry, biology, inorganic chemistry, social sciences, etc. which will also tell your unit hours.