PharmCAS Reference clarification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IrishOats

Go Pioneers!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have read through the entire instruction booklet and searched the forums for information. My question is...if I e-submit my application with only two reference entries listed, will I be able to add a new (third, and final) reference entry after my online submission?
Here's what PharmCAS instructions say:

"If one or more of your evaluators is unresponsive or declines your invitation to submit a letter of reference on your behalf, you may edit your evaluator contact information on your PharmCAS application before or after you e-submit your application to PharmCAS. You cannot make edits to your evaluator's information once the evaluator's reference is received."

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does this mean that you can only change the information for reference entries that you already listed before submission, and not add a new reference entry after submission? I would assume that adding a new reference entry after application submission is possible, but I wanted to see if anyone else had dealt with this. Thanks for any clarification you can give me!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you can add a 3rd (and a 4th if you wanted to) reference after you submit your application. The 'you cannot make edits' comment refers to the ability to delete a reference after they have submitted their eLOR.

I actually just did this last week. Had e-submitted a month ago, realized I needed a third LOR, and it let me add them just fine.

Thank you both so much! :) I really appreciate your help. I think I will be submitting tomorrow, in that case, considering all the other parts of my app are done.