PharmCAS Special Circumstances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

immunogold

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This section states: Please describe any special life circumstances. These include but are not limited to the following: raised in a single parent home, socioeconomic status of family, first generation attending college, overcoming adversity, resident of an under-served area or an area with a health professions shortage, race and ethnicity, and cultural background.

If I fall into any of those categories, is it good to disclose on how this affected my grades for example? Is it good to write additional info here or is it not necessary?

Members don't see this ad.

It would be good because iit can be extra information for them to understand you. or at least you have an idea of how to explain your situation for dropped-off school, or low grades, or how you overcome your struggles

I attended a workshop hosted by the student affairs worker at UKCOP and she said use that section to your advantage. Explain your grades, and any other special things you have done like study abroad, etc. I would take her advice because she is one of the first people who reviews applications at UKCOP.

It would be good because iit can be extra information for them to understand you. or at least you have an idea of how to explain your situation for dropped-off school, or low grades, or how you overcome your struggles
Thanks! I will definitely write something.