Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Pharmcas

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by dontworry, Mar 15, 2004.

1. dontworry

dontworry Dont Worry, Be Happy
    7+ Year Member

So im assuming most of us applied to school using pharmcas. What impact has it had on the number of admissions and other issues relating to pharmacy school. I imagine that it has made it alot easier to apply to different schools, though its expensive. Do you think its a good idea that they developed a standardized application? Just curious.

2. scuba_smitty

scuba_smitty paintballer
    7+ Year Member

Well from what I have heard the total number of applicants to PharmCas schools has went way up. It does allow you to send out applications to a lot of schools, if you can afford it. You must remember though that most shools require an additional application to that school, so I am not sure about how much easier it made it, maybe if PharmCas could add in the extra stuff each school requires into their application, such as it recognizes which schools you are applying to and automatically adds that particular schools fees and paperwork, that would make it really easy. just my 2 cents though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. EarlyEditionDude

EarlyEditionDude Membership Revoked
    Removed

PHARMCAS, like AAMCAS & AACOMAS (for medical schools), is a BIG rip-off. I like the old way, where if you want to apply to school A or school B, you just download their apps and pay their fees. But nope, with Pharmcas, you are doing the exact same thing, however, you are paying pharmcas to send ur apps to the schools you applied to and in addition you have to pay for the school's secondary fees separately which makes you shell out more money. Overall, this system sucks, but heh, the process is all over now for me, so I can't whine too much!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lacarthic

lacarthic Member
    10+ Year Member

I agree, PharmCas is a sham I thought I would have to do less work applying but it ended up being more work considering most schools also want a secondary application, and it was more expensive!

5. moobymaster

moobymaster Member
    7+ Year Member

If your applying to a lot of schools, I can see where it's useful (at least for someone like me who has attended 6 different colleges.) It is a huge pain in the ass to send multiple application packages to several schools.

Two things I would like to see changed are having a standardized letter of recommendation (I know the law school service has this) and having any supplimental applications handled through the service as well. I only applied to one school so the cost wasn't an issue for me, but I think PharmCAS is comparable to the other services.