PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am licensed by the state of Illinois and have a license number, but I am not certified. I put it in anyway:)

Members don't see this ad.

I thought transcripts had to be received by the deadline. Check on that though. You can submit your application and fees on the day of the deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought transcripts had to be received by the deadline. Check on that though. You can submit your application and fees on the day of the deadline.
Wait, I don't understand... I thought PharmCAS had to mail the ENTIRE application to the designated before the due date, right after they receive your transcripts.

Wait, I don't understand... I thought PharmCAS had to mail the ENTIRE application to the designated before the due date, right after they receive your transcripts.

PharmCAS has to have all of your stuff from you by the due date, but they can mail it to the schools anytime after that. For the OP, if Phamcas doesn't have your transcripts already then they probably won't get them before the 11:59 pm deadline.

It is probably hard to log in/slow because of a TON of people trying to log in to complete their apps by the deadline.

For those who e-submitted Nov. 1, your wait should be over with soon, at least your wait in regards to gpa calculations. I just received an e-mail from PharmCAS saying that "Your PharmCAS Application has been Verified and GPAs Calculated." I had a total of 6 transcripts too. Now the wait for my info. to be mailed out begins . . .

How long does it take to mail your applications out after your GPA's have been calculated?

I also submitted the 1st and my GPA was calculated about 2 weeks ago, but I didn't have so many transcripts.

If I remember they sent my application out the next mailing date after the GPA was done, which I think are on Mondays.

Hello,

My GPA was just calculated today. I want to know how long it typically takes for PharmCAS to mail out an application to the designated pharmacy schools. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,

My GPA was just calculated today. I want to know how long it typically takes for PharmCAS to mail out an application to the designated pharmacy schools. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

I actually answered this question in the last topic you posted about your GPA calculating time I guess you don't read the replies:(:(:(. Here I'll repost it again - hopefully this time you'll read it. I think it is good info:

I just want to share something with you that I have found out from this forum . Even if they calculate your GPA - they won't send out your application right away. They only send them out twice a month on Monday - so if your GPA is calculated before the next sending date you might have to wait for while like I did - over a week before it was actually sent to the schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I specifically asked PharmCAS about mailings. I copied and pasted what one of their customer service reps wrote back. Main points are that PharmCAS mails out weekly apparently and that your pharmacy schools have immediate access to your application online. I thought that was interesting. From what's been posted here on this thread, I guess I can expect another week of waiting and it will be mailed out on a Monday.

"PharmCAS sends mailings on a weekly basis. Your application was marked "Complete" on 11/01/2007, the date on which you e-submitted, and was verified on 12/01/2007. Your application will be mailed to your designated Pharmacy schools in the next weekly mailing. The mailing status of your application will be updated online with the date mailed under "Pharmacy Designations" in the Status tools to the right of the Application Checklist. In the mean time, your Pharmacy schools have immediate access to your application online."

I received an email from Pharmcas that said they received my PCAT scores. The interesting thing is I never sent them to Pharmcas (didn't select code 104). How is that possible?

I think they just automatically send them. It happened to me too. I forgot to send to Pharmcas the first time I took the PCAT. I called to see about getting them sent, and they said they already did.

ok. thanks. i thought i was loosing it :scared:

I think one or both of them give out your info too. I have received information from three pharmacy schools, one from the navy, and one from the army saying how a career in medicine can be taken to the next level by joining the armed forces. I never inquired about any of that stuff...weird.

I think they just automatically send them. It happened to me too. I forgot to send to Pharmcas the first time I took the PCAT. I called to see about getting them sent, and they said they already did.

Not for me. Pharmcas never got my scores, i didn't apply to any PCAT schools, so i took the exam just to see how i'd do. I checked pharmcas just now, it's not there.

"I have received information from three pharmacy schools, one from the navy, and one from the army saying how a career in medicine can be taken to the next level by joining the armed forces"

Hahahaha, that's great stuff labrat024, I love how you included the fact that they said you could 'take it to the next level'! What do you think they mean by that? I hate to even speculate! I'd rather keep things on the current level by not joining the military; I kind of like things the way they are. How about you?:laugh:

"I have received information from three pharmacy schools, one from the navy, and one from the army saying how a career in medicine can be taken to the next level by joining the armed forces"

Hahahaha, that's great stuff labrat024, I love how you included the fact that they said you could 'take it to the next level'! What do you think they mean by that? I hate to even speculate! I'd rather keep things on the current level by not joining the military; I kind of like things the way they are. How about you?:laugh:

Yeah me too. Although it is kinda tempting to join the armed forces for the mere fact that they will pay off your student loans, but um, naaa! My cousin-in-law joined the army to pay of his medical school bills and he was on the front lines and going on raids with them in Iraq. :eek::eek: F**K THAT!! I am not going to school so I can potentially be killed half way across the world! One of my motivating factors for going back to school was to have less of a chance of being drafted if the situation arose. Sure it would be nice to be a pharmacist for the navy/marines in San Diego, but you don't have the luxury of picking where you are stationed and you can't opt out of going somewhere like Iraq, Afghanistan, or anywhere else are fearless leaders bring us in the future. They got your a$$ for a long time, if not life. Doesn't sound like it is worth it.

I forgot to send to Pharmcas, but when I called I had to pay the 20 bucks to get it sent. Then I didn't list them for the second time (because I was afraid I was going to do worse, and I was only retaking them to improve one section for one school) but pharmcas says they have them. I think I got screwed out of 20 bucks, whatever.

You do not have to choose PCAT code 104 for scores to be sent to PharmCAS. Any PharmCAS related school which you have selected as being one of the codes will automatically send the scores to PharmCAS.

Did anyone else notice that their application page in PharmCAS changed? There used to be a spot for admissions decisions next to the schools and now it's gone. Maybe too many people getting bummed when they saw they were denied on PharmCAS before the schools told them directly?

Did anyone else notice that their application page in PharmCAS changed? There used to be a spot for admissions decisions next to the schools and now it's gone. Maybe too many people getting bummed when they saw they were denied on PharmCAS before the schools told them directly?
I noticed that too. I do not know why they remove it.

i noticed that too a couple weeks ago. I don't know why.

I think they removed this feature because the schools probably don't really keep in contact with PharmCAS about each student and their status until the end of the cycle when everything is complete. Thus, it would be pointless to have this feature.

Your application has now been Verified, and will be included in the
next PharmCAS mailing to your designated pharmacy schools.

What does this mean? How often does PharmCAS mail out verified applications?

Thanks for your help!

From reading previous posts and my first mailing experience, they mail out Mondays and on a weekly basis.

I have received the same letter on Monday and was wondering what takes so long. I wish they could send it right away instead of making us nervous with an additional delay. I am more excited about my application process than Christmas. That is so sad. I am turning into a nerd. :eek: :laugh:

That is so sad. I am turning into a nerd. :eek: :laugh:[/quote]

Being a nerd is nothing to be embarassed about, rather it's something to be proud of.:):):) Hang in there, my GPA was calculated before they closed for thanxgiving - so I had to wait all through the holiday and then some before they sent out my application. I already check my mail every day - even though nothing is coming till jan. I am just sooooooo excited - I can't wait.:)

I'm in the same boat, I just got that letter too. As long as it's before my one school's deadline, I don't care lol

It starts today right? Why cant I update my classes?

Edit: I called them and they said it starts the 15th, not the 14th. Guess that explains it.

It starts today right? Why cant I update my classes?

Edit: I called them and they said it starts the 15th, not the 14th. Guess that explains it.

Works for me now ... do you have your grades for the fall semester already?

My fall semester grades don't come out until next week. How long does the editing period last?

Thanks in advance!

I dont know what academic update is can any one explain please.

Academic Update allows you to enter grades for courses that you were currently taking when you submitted the PharmCAS application. It allows you to input grades received, as well as input any courses that you may be taking next semester.

My fall semester grades don't come out until next week. How long does the editing period last?

Thanks in advance!

December 14 - February 1st ... and when you're done YOU HAVE to click E-Submit.

Hi

I have a question about PharmCAS academic update. I ended my finals for Fall 2008 semester yesterday, and my fall semester grades haven't been updated yet. Do I wait until the grades are out and then update PharmCAS?
I wasn't sure whether I should update PharmCAS as soon as possible or wait until my grades are out so I can post my grades up. I am aware that we can only update it once.

Thank you in advance!

LECOM School of Pharmacy Erie Campus - phone number changed to: 814-866-6641
School Page Link
July 16, 2007​
LA Monroe - address change
School Page Link
July 16, 2007​
U. Minnesota - Supplemental Application due date changed to February 15th.
School Page Link
June, 2007​
LECOM School of Pharmacy BradentonCampus - January Open House date changed to the 12th
School Page Link
November 6, 2007​
University of Cincinnati - change to the Supplemental Application address
School Page Link
November 28, 2007​

do we have to resend our updated transcripts to pharmcas or the schools individually? (do we even need to send new transcripts?)

You send your new or updated transcript (whichever has your fall grades on it) directly to PharmCAS. Maybe some schools also require their own copy; I'm not sure.

PharmCAS Fall Course page

You send your new or updated transcript (whichever has your fall grades on it) directly to PharmCAS. Maybe some schools also require their own copy; I'm not sure.

PharmCAS Fall Course page

That's right. It's rare for schools to get the transcripts themselves if they got the first from PharmCAS, but those that do will note it.

Sorry, another question. Is there a form Pharmcas has to be sent with updated transcripts like there was when we sent our transcripts earlier? I've looked everywhere and can't find it to print out and give to my school's transcript department.:(

Login to PharmCAS and then select the schools attended folder. Inside there will be an option to print the transcripts forms for each school.

is it required to update your transcript?

for example, i've been told by pre-med students that updating their med school application is "optional" and helps if your interview invitation chances if you're borderline and you have some positive grades for your updated quarter.

i wonder if this is the same for pharamcy admissions.

(and in case it is a college-to-college basis. im specifically referring to UCSD and UCSF)

for example, i've been told by pre-med students that updating their med school application is "optional" and helps if your interview invitation chances if you're borderline and you have some positive grades for your updated quarter.

(and in case it is a college-to-college basis. im specifically referring to UCSD and UCSF)

I thought it was required that we send our fall grades as soon as the become available.

I've never thought of whether or not it's "required" but most schools expect an updated transcript, some schools even wait for an updated transcript to decide whether or not to call you in for an interview/give you an acceptance. So in the end, yes you should still send it in.