PharmD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

magnumbreaker

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have two questions. At University of Iowa and Drake University, they have 2 years Pre-Pharmacy, 3 Years Pharmacy, and 1 year of rotation. To those who already completed the PharmD program, do i get this doctorate degree after 5 years or 6 years?
Another one, do students in the PharmD program have to write senior thesis or some stupid research project? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

PharmD is a 6 year program. Some schools have accelerated programs but its still 6 years I believe. PharmD is also the entery level degree for pharmacists now. I don't think there is a school out there that offers the traditional 5 year B.S of Pharmacy now.

In terms of writing a thesis, each school has different academic agenda's with a common knowledge base. I graduated from UIC in chicago and while they didn't have a thesis per se, they did make us write a 15-20 page paper on an assigned medication. You will also have numerous projects during your final year of clinical rotations which may include papers, projects, speeches, etc.

pharmdgto said:
PharmD is a 6 year program. Some schools have accelerated programs but its still 6 years I believe. PharmD is also the entery level degree for pharmacists now. I don't think there is a school out there that offers the traditional 5 year B.S of Pharmacy now.

In terms of writing a thesis, each school has different academic agenda's with a common knowledge base. I graduated from UIC in chicago and while they didn't have a thesis per se, they did make us write a 15-20 page paper on an assigned medication. You will also have numerous projects during your final year of clinical rotations which may include papers, projects, speeches, etc.

Really!! When do they tell us this? :mad: