PharmD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AsianGuy26

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
:meanie: Anyone know how much harder is it to get into MD or DO schools with a Pharm.D. I've been told that its very possible 😕 but I just don't know. I'm doing pharmacy because its security and I do like it but I've been told by alot of pharmacist that they wish they could become a doctor.

Eh, anyone out there that are pharmacist and are now applying to med schools? If so can you tell me when you decided to change professions? Right out of college or after a few years?
 
hey i'm in the same position. I'm actually on rotations right now and am applying right now as well. I knew pretty much from the start that i didnt want to do pharmacy, but i didnt want to get stuck with only a biology degree or something if i didnt get in to med school. At least there is a little less pressure on me. I can still find a great job if i dont get in.....
 
Looks like there are three of us with the exact same question ... and no one has the answers.

rx515 Can I ask what pharmacy school you are in?