1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

pharmtech test, pharmtech test

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Licensure and Exams' started by imNICE, Jul 24, 2006.

1. imNICE

imNICE New Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    im takin the pharmtech test on sept. 9. can someone give me advice on what i should focus on most? whats the best prep book to help study? thankyou pple :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gimpsd

gimpsd Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

If you were nearby I would give you the pctb cd that really helped me study for the exam. It condensed all the information from the book into a tutorial that took me a little over 14 hours to go through. The only thing that I didn't get to was the medications and their uses. Might want to concentrate on that if you have time after you go over the cd (which I can't get to you anyways) :rolleyes: good luck. :luck:

4. the_labrat

the_labrat Hot Tamale
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I took mine last saturday. the version I took had a lot of calculations. Make sure you go over your basic conversion factors, i guarantee it will help. Oh, and read every problem very, very carefully. They'll throw weird units at you just to throw you off.

Another thing to go over are what drugs are classified as (Schedule I, II, etc.) and go over the more basic generic drugs.

Good luck!

5. disboifan

2+ Year Member

i took it last saturday also and the drug questions kicked my ass. i'd say the exam was 60% procedures/drugs and 40% math.

6. futureRXdealer

futureRXdealer Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thank god. I thought I was the only one. A co-worker told me he got the white test and that was all about retail. He said the test was soooooo easy.

7. Poland

Poland As strong as me
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I got the light purple test. I felt that while there were many calculations there were also a very many work-related and drug questions. Anyway, I read on the official site that they "scale" the test scores and make the decision based on the modified Angoff-Method. I have read a little about that through google. It seems more opinated than I could use to calculate my probability of passing.

8. imNICE

imNICE New Member

thanks pple. im kinda scared bc i have a lot on my plate right now. i have summer school, internship, work, and clinic. but is there a prep book for the test? gimpsd, where did u get the CD?..just wondering...where do i buy it? thanks alot guys/gals!!! :)

9. Foogoo

Foogoo New Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm in the same situation, I'm trying to study for the November test with a LOT of other things going on, so any suggestions and advice from people who have recently taken it would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm currently using the Delmar Learnings book by Patricia Anthony. I personally know two people who have passed it using this book, although I do not like the way it is written and there are a few noticeable typos.

10. babieblueazn

babieblueazn Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    i just passed the exam! I took it in July. there was a lot of math. if you have a calculator you'll do fine. i thought all the drug questions were tough.

11. smallkitty00

smallkitty00 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Me too!!!!!!!!! I didn't study much (if any).

12. smallkitty00

smallkitty00 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yeah, there are a lot of typos in that book, but if you read most of it, you will pass the test. I used the thinner one and I passed too. I'll check the title & author and post it later if you want to.

13. Sharwood

Sharwood Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    same here....only studying was working at CVS for a year and a half

14. futureRXdealer

futureRXdealer Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I passed too. I worked in the pharmacy for 5 months and studied a 5 days before the test.