pharmtech test, pharmtech test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imNICE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im takin the pharmtech test on sept. 9. can someone give me advice on what i should focus on most? whats the best prep book to help study? thankyou pple :)

Members don't see this ad.

imNICE said:
im takin the pharmtech test on sept. 9. can someone give me advice on what i should focus on most? whats the best prep book to help study? thankyou pple :)

If you were nearby I would give you the pctb cd that really helped me study for the exam. It condensed all the information from the book into a tutorial that took me a little over 14 hours to go through. The only thing that I didn't get to was the medications and their uses. Might want to concentrate on that if you have time after you go over the cd (which I can't get to you anyways) :rolleyes: good luck. :luck:

I took mine last saturday. the version I took had a lot of calculations. Make sure you go over your basic conversion factors, i guarantee it will help. Oh, and read every problem very, very carefully. They'll throw weird units at you just to throw you off.

Another thing to go over are what drugs are classified as (Schedule I, II, etc.) and go over the more basic generic drugs.

Good luck!

i took it last saturday also and the drug questions kicked my ass. i'd say the exam was 60% procedures/drugs and 40% math.

Members don't see this ad :)
disboifan said:
i took it last saturday also and the drug questions kicked my ass. i'd say the exam was 60% procedures/drugs and 40% math.

Thank god. I thought I was the only one. A co-worker told me he got the white test and that was all about retail. He said the test was soooooo easy.

I got the light purple test. I felt that while there were many calculations there were also a very many work-related and drug questions. Anyway, I read on the official site that they "scale" the test scores and make the decision based on the modified Angoff-Method. I have read a little about that through google. It seems more opinated than I could use to calculate my probability of passing.

thanks pple. im kinda scared bc i have a lot on my plate right now. i have summer school, internship, work, and clinic. but is there a prep book for the test? gimpsd, where did u get the CD?..just wondering...where do i buy it? thanks alot guys/gals!!! :)

imNICE said:
thanks pple. im kinda scared bc i have a lot on my plate right now. i have summer school, internship, work, and clinic. but is there a prep book for the test? gimpsd, where did u get the CD?..just wondering...where do i buy it? thanks alot guys/gals!!! :)

I'm in the same situation, I'm trying to study for the November test with a LOT of other things going on, so any suggestions and advice from people who have recently taken it would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm currently using the Delmar Learnings book by Patricia Anthony. I personally know two people who have passed it using this book, although I do not like the way it is written and there are a few noticeable typos.

i just passed the exam! I took it in July. there was a lot of math. if you have a calculator you'll do fine. i thought all the drug questions were tough.

babieblueazn said:
i just passed the exam! I took it in July. there was a lot of math. if you have a calculator you'll do fine. i thought all the drug questions were tough.

Me too!!!!!!!!! I didn't study much (if any).

Foogoo said:
I'm in the same situation, I'm trying to study for the November test with a LOT of other things going on, so any suggestions and advice from people who have recently taken it would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm currently using the Delmar Learnings book by Patricia Anthony. I personally know two people who have passed it using this book, although I do not like the way it is written and there are a few noticeable typos.

Yeah, there are a lot of typos in that book, but if you read most of it, you will pass the test. I used the thinner one and I passed too. I'll check the title & author and post it later if you want to.