I'm sure it depends on the program. I know at my particular program (PhD), it was not openly welcomed or supported. Those who became pregnant during their completion of the program were sometimes looked down upon, and I even heard of various faculty making comments such as "that really will slow her down" or directly questioning the student's "commitment" to the program. Of course, I don't advocate such opinions -- ridiculous! I'm just saying be careful because these opinions do exist, even if unspoken. In extreme cases, it might even hurt your chances (with some faculty) if you were to bring this issue up during interviews for acceptance into a program. However, a couple of my my classmates and more in the classes before mine had kids and managed to complete the program, although in each case I know of it took them longer to finish. My advice is don't delay your happiness. There will never be a "perfect time" for anything, and if you keep waiting "until I get out of school," "until I get through internship," or "until I'm secure in my first job" you'll be waiting forever! I'm sure there are plenty of supportive programs and faculty, especially if you're talking about a program that allows part-time students -- or if you have to take a semester off or something. Do what's right for you 🙂