-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015
Started by DOthreads
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This wait is causing me so much pain. Anytime my phone alerts me that I have an email, my stomach drops, cortisol spikes, bp rises. I think *is it PCOM-GA Jesus?. Then I look in the subject line and it is a coupon or some type of junk mail.
ARRRGGGG
ARRRGGGG
I think the Ga campus is more of a snail mail type of school. The main campus did email out their notices.This wait is causing me so much pain. Anytime my phone alerts me that I have an email, my stomach drops, cortisol spikes, bp rises. I think *is it PCOM-GA Jesus?. Then I look in the subject line and it is a coupon or some type of junk mail.
ARRRGGGG
Stats !
when and how did you find out if you don't mind me asking? and were you previously on hold?Accepted!!
Yea I was on hold since mid January. I found out this morning via email. It states that hard copy is in the email. I am stuck between 2 schools I love. It will be hard letting either go. I have to sit my family and decide what is best going forward. For those still waiting, have faith and believe.when and how did you find out if you don't mind me asking? and were you previously on hold?
wow congrats...I cant imagine how you must feel. Ive been on hold since January myself, prob interviewed together lol... which school are you leaning towards and why? im still weighing out pros and cons myself.... how long did they give you to decide? congrats again, I hope this means good things to come for the rest of us on hold.Yea I was on hold since mid January. I found out this morning via email. It states that hard copy is in the email. I am stuck between 2 schools I love. It will be hard letting either go. I have to sit my family and decide what is best going forward. For those still waiting, have faith and believe.
I will PM you. I am sure there will be a lot of movement off the waiting list. I have till may 20th I believe. May 15 is major day for both MDs and DOs so be on the lookout.wow congrats...I cant imagine how you must feel. Ive been on hold since January myself, prob interviewed together lol... which school are you leaning towards and why? im still weighing out pros and cons myself.... how long did they give you to decide? congrats again, I hope this means good things to come for the rest of us on hold.
I will PM you. I am sure there will be a lot of movement off the waiting list. I have till may 20th I believe. May 15 is major day for both MDs and DOs so be on the lookout.
Last edited:
Congrats!!! do you mind to share your stats? Since I received my delayed decision letter, I still have not heard anything else.Accepted!!
Anybody get any update? Waitlist movement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recieved a wait list letter today. I am really impressed by PCOM GA. I know it is the place I want to be. I'm staying persistent and optimistic. I am hoping good news comes my way.
I recieved a wait list letter today. I am really impressed by PCOM GA. I know it is the place I want to be. I'm staying persistent and optimistic. I am hoping good news comes my way.
Waitlist here too. I'll have to wait till it's over. 🙁
waitlist here three....any hope of anybody withdrawing? or is the class pretty much locked in by now you think?
There should be still movement, but I heard the number of people got pulled off from the list varies year by year....... AND,,, I have no idea how many people are on the list.waitlist here three....any hope of anybody withdrawing? or is the class pretty much locked in by now you think?
Who would have those kind of stats and information do you think?
The people in admissions would have it but all they are going to tell you is that it varies every year and they are not going to go into the data and give it out at this point.Who would have those kind of stats and information do you think?
Out of curiosity... has everyone received a decision by now, or are there still people "on hold"?
think everyone previously on hold has been either accepted or waitlisted...I don't think anyone has come off of the waitlist yet, but im not sure, maybe tmrw there will begin to be movement as the aamc traffic deadline approaches.Out of curiosity... has everyone received a decision by now, or are there still people "on hold"?
,
Last edited:
has the waitlist even moved the slightest? anyone in off the waitlist? any withdrawals lately?
Congrats on all those who have currently received an acceptance letter. To those who are on the wait-list just be patient and hope for the best.
I'm currently a OM-2 and recently moved into the Highlands at Sugarloaf in Duluth, GA which is ~2.7 miles from PCOM-GA. If anybody would like to split the $500 referral fees with me please contact [email protected].
Also everyone will require a iclicker-2 for OMM lab quizzes and potentially some basic science courses. These currently sell for $45.00 brand new from amazon but I have a couple I can sell for $20.00 each. If anybody would like to get affordable books in good shape contact me to save money.
I wish everyone the best of luck in getting in!
I'm currently a OM-2 and recently moved into the Highlands at Sugarloaf in Duluth, GA which is ~2.7 miles from PCOM-GA. If anybody would like to split the $500 referral fees with me please contact [email protected].
Also everyone will require a iclicker-2 for OMM lab quizzes and potentially some basic science courses. These currently sell for $45.00 brand new from amazon but I have a couple I can sell for $20.00 each. If anybody would like to get affordable books in good shape contact me to save money.
I wish everyone the best of luck in getting in!
Give it time. We had several people that didn't get accepted until late June last year. There's always a few stragglers that cause some movement at the last minute.
thanks for the positivity, it just seems odd that not one person has reported an acceptance off the waitlist yet. Is this still considered too early for that?Give it time. We had several people that didn't get accepted until late June last year. There's always a few stragglers that cause some movement at the last minute.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks for the positivity, it just seems odd that not one person has reported an acceptance off the waitlist yet. Is this still considered too early for that?
Not too early. The waitlist has movement from the time the first name is added to it until the week before or during orientation. (Based on knowledge of previous year waitlist)
It can and will move. As for the lack of reporting here, not everyone posts on SDN and many who have accounts here are lurkers and may not post for whatever reason.
Accepted today off the waitlist. It had to be @Dr.ray1 's spot. I am beyond overjoyed. God is so great!!!!! this is right where I wanted to be. Keep the faith guys, the waitlist is still moving.
Accepted today off the waitlist. It had to be @Dr.ray1 's spot. I am beyond overjoyed. God is so great!!!!! this is right where I wanted to be. Keep the faith guys, the waitlist is still moving.
Congrats! How did they notify you?
YESSSS to wait list movement 







Accepted today off waitlist! 🙂 +1
How were you notified about the decision?
Welp. There you go. Told ya'll there would be movement.
Congrats on your acceptance. It's a great school.
Congrats on your acceptance. It's a great school.
Accepted today off the waitlist. It had to be @Dr.ray1 's spot. I am beyond overjoyed. God is so great!!!!! this is right where I wanted to be. Keep the faith guys, the waitlist is still moving.
Yay it is moving! Here is to hoping I will be joining you soon!
I'm still on the waitlist. I'm really hoping I get to be a part of this year's class too!
Withdrew recently as well. Good Luck
Anyone heard from admission lately?
I haven't heard from them in a while but my fingers are crossed.

Anyone heard from admission lately?
With orientation right around the corner, it's time to call it.... time of death 11:04AM 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I just started following this thread🙂 What is everyone's stat (GPA, MCAT, Volunteer work, extracurriculars) that got you accepted in to GA-PCOM? This is my first choice and my dream is to be a DO. By the way, I'm currently a freshman in college!
Hi everyone! I just started following this thread🙂 What is everyone's stat (GPA, MCAT, Volunteer work, extracurriculars) that got you accepted in to GA-PCOM? This is my first choice and my dream is to be a DO. By the way, I'm currently a freshman in college!
Hey man, you're in last years thread! Check the 2015-2016 one!
Where is the 2015-2016 thread???Hey man, you're in last years thread! Check the 2015-2016 one!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...hread-2015-2016.1134489/page-12#post-17481302Where is the 2015-2016 thread???
Similar threads
- Replies
- 130
- Views
- 36K
- Replies
- 181
- Views
- 27K
- Replies
- 437
- Views
- 133K
- Replies
- 178
- Views
- 51K
- Replies
- 129
- Views
- 34K