Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essay prompts when available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I can't find any secondary from last year. I know i'm gonna be a busy juggling work, school this summer so i would like to pre-write these prompts.

Does anybody have the questions from last year?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
number one choice, definitey applying here but waiting to submit aacomas when summer grades come out. good luck guys!

Nothing on my end. I saw that PCOM PA also hasn't done secondaries yet. Is this normal?

Nothing on my end. I saw that PCOM PA also hasn't done secondaries yet. Is this normal?

Somebody mentioned in that thread that they are usually slow with secondaries. So I'm assuming this is normal.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm an accepted student at PCOM to start in August. Let me know if you guys have any questions about the application process. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary received and submitted!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I received a secondary yesterday and am really interested in the school. But it says the earliest MCAT they accept in August 2014 but I took mine May 2014. Should I still submit the secondary? I really do not want to waste the fee if it is for nothing.

I received a secondary yesterday and am really interested in the school. But it says the earliest MCAT they accept in August 2014 but I took mine May 2014. Should I still submit the secondary? I really do not want to waste the fee if it is for nothing.
You don't have an MCAT score after that? What made you take it so long ago and only apply now?

You don't have an MCAT score after that? What made you take it so long ago and only apply now?

Medical issues. PCOM (and one other I think) is the only school so far to have this cut off date. Should I still submit a secondary? (I have interviews at ACOM, BCOM, and LECOM-Erie so far)

Medical issues. PCOM (and one other I think) is the only school so far to have this cut off date. Should I still submit a secondary? (I have interviews at ACOM, BCOM, and LECOM-Erie so far)
You might want to contact PCOM directly and ask, and inform them of the situation and why it's been so long. I'm sure they might be okay with it, but just call to verify.

Since you already have interviews set up, I won't worry too much about it if PCOM doesn't accept your score. Good luck!

Does this school have secondary essays? I cant find them... Anyone mind helping me out?

Poor idea to use the exact same secondary answer for both PCOM-Philly and PCOM-GA? Seems to me they are seperate admissions boards, but I would like to be sure.

I'm sure they have separate admissions committees and do not share information. They're two separate institutions, so I think you're safe to use the same, especially since it's the same question.

Damn...I wrote pcom and not pcom-ga in the secondary...will that make a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn...I wrote pcom and not pcom-ga in the secondary...will that make a difference?

I just read your post shortly after submitting my own secondary and thought to myself "Crap..." :laugh:

If there wasn't a 250 word limit i could understand the importance but that would be ridiculous if they limit our word usage to that low and then become fickle about the specific description.

How much of an in-state bias does this school have? I'm from CO!

Man this school must work nights, got the secondary late at night and just got my confirmation email.

Complete here, still waiting on MCAT score to appear as arrived for P campus

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Man this school must work nights, got the secondary late at night and just got my confirmation email.

Complete here, still waiting on MCAT score to appear as arrived for P campus

They always send stuff at night. It's weird hahaha.

No, it's the same thing for what your referencing would be.

I really want to submit my secondary here but I already have 2 II, and I do not want to throw away the money when I am not sure if my letter writers put the course code. This requirement is very limiting.

I really want to submit my secondary here but I already have 2 II, and I do not want to throw away the money when I am not sure if my letter writers put the course code. This requirement is very limiting.

Yeah it stinks but you can't be picky until you have an acceptance in your hand.

You never know how you will perform on those interviews

For those of you who have applied to this school before, are you re-submitting the same essay for the secondary. I applied during the 2014-2015 cycle and my experience was pretty meaningful, but I'm not sure how the school would interpret me using the same event. If it is relevant, I did interview and was waitlisted.

For those of you just now receiving secondaries, how long has it been since you were verified? I was only verified last week but I was just curious what the turn around might be? And anyone know how heavily/if they pre-screen?

For those of you just now receiving secondaries, how long has it been since you were verified? I was only verified last week but I was just curious what the turn around might be? And anyone know how heavily/if they pre-screen?

It took about a week for me to receive the secondary invite. I think they send it out to everyone, so there's no strict screening.

Website mentions that everyone gets a secondary

For those of you who have applied to this school before, are you re-submitting the same essay for the secondary. I applied during the 2014-2015 cycle and my experience was pretty meaningful, but I'm not sure how the school would interpret me using the same event. If it is relevant, I did interview and was waitlisted.
I definitely would not use the same one. Although it may have been a wonderful experience, I'm sure they're looking for growth from one application cycle to the next and would love to see a new experience. Never use anything from a previous application year, as it can come off as being lazy and show that you haven't really given anything thought.

For those of you that have already sent off a secondary, did you receive a confirmation email that your secondary was succesfully sent and/or received, or atleast that your payment was received? I haven't gotten any of that and I felt that the way they had us get to the payment page to pay was a little wierd and obscure seeing as how most secondary fee payment pages can be accessed by a tab on the secondary.

For those of you that have already sent off a secondary, did you receive a confirmation email that your secondary was succesfully sent and/or received, or atleast that your payment was received? I haven't gotten any of that and I felt that the way they had us get to the payment page to pay was a little wierd and obscure seeing as how most secondary fee payment pages can be accessed by a tab on the secondary.
Only feedback i've received is through the portal.
The section marked application fee is complete and LORs are marked as "received". The application file part is marked blank but they mentioned it could take 14 business days for this.

There is no pre-screen for this school so it could take a while for them to review your app.

I know for sure my writers did not put in the course code and I was able to receive an II and acceptance. I think just as long as the course title is there, it should be fine.

Just submitted my app here! Good luck everyone!

Anyone else have this problem where the test date for PCOM-GA is an old mcat whereas the one for PCOM is your most recent one?