Phorcas Formatting Issue?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ch33z-its

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that the formatting of my CV and my letter of intent could have been changed when my application was officially submitted? I swear when I uploaded it and reopened the uploads (before officially submitting) they looked exactly as they should. I saw a program pull out a copy of my CV during an interview and realized it looked a complete mess. I just checked online and it actually is all messed up on Phorcas. Has anyone heard of this happening? I uploaded a word document from a mac. Could formatting affect whether you get an interview or not? Will this be fixable in Phorcas for the second round?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is it possible that the formatting of my CV and my letter of intent could have been changed when my application was officially submitted? I swear when I uploaded it and reopened the uploads (before officially submitting) they looked exactly as they should. I saw a program pull out a copy of my CV during an interview and realized it looked a complete mess. I just checked online and it actually is all messed up on Phorcas. Has anyone heard of this happening (I uploaded a word document from a mac.. should have went with the PDF)? Could formatting affect whether you get an interview or not? Will this be fixable in Phorcas for the second round?
We had a few that had formatting issues that I do believe were related to being uploaded as PDFs. One was completely unreadable. Truthfully, I didn't review that application but I do think it impacted their total application score.

^ Really? That's strange. It's usually recommended that you upload it as a PDF because all the formatting options are removed. PDF is pretty much like a print. And from everywhere I've seen, a PDF looks the same on any program (can't say the same about Word which varies on wordpad/2000/03/05/07 etc.)

Reactions: 1 user
I noticed the same thing when I uploaded in a Word document. Screwed up all my formatting once they converted it to a .pdf. Ended up uploading in .pdf format and it seemed to work fine.