Photosynthesis and animal A/P on PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starsweet

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been using AudioLearn's Bio section and Kaplan's book to prepare for Biology. Kaplan has everything, but AudioLearn doesn't have anything on plants or animals (like plant structure and photosynthesis or animal metabolism or A/P). So does the PCAT not have this stuff?

Please tell me it doesn't... :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

HAHAHAHA I am laughing right now :laugh: because I am literally in the library checking this forum on my way out from studying photosynthesis from the Kaplan book. Kaplan goes into much more detail in biology than what you'll need for the PCAT. But it never hurts to know too much. But if you learn every bold word in that book your brain will be on overload.
I hate their Pre-Calculus and Calculus section that's like 3 pages long :( The practice questions have explainations but they involve knowing rules that weren't in the book for review. I need to learn all the rules like Product rule, quotient rule, chain rule, derivatives for trig. functions... those things will be on the PCAT and they aren't in the Kaplan book. Well, the full length explanations aren't in there. So I guess it's time to bust out the old Calc book and take a look at Chapter 1. Am I the only one horrifically frightened of PCAT math? My problem is I'm soooo slow in Quant. Okay sorry for the rantin' and ravin' :laugh:

Oh no... so you think that plant/animal stuff will be on the PCAT? By the way, what you said about our brains being overloaded is totally true. There is way too much in the Kaplan book and I know it's not all on the test!

I actually like the math stuff better, go figure. I am an engineer though.

Can someone please tell us if photosynthesis and other plant/animal stuff (anything other than human) will be on the test?

starsweet said:
Oh no... so you think that plant/animal stuff will be on the PCAT? By the way, what you said about brains being overloaded totally true. There is way too much in the Kaplan book and I know it's not all on the test!

I actually like the math stuff better, go figure. I am an engineer though.

Can someone please tell us if photosynthesis and other plant/animal stuff (anything other than human) will be on the test?

Photosynthesis: Something about the light dependent reactions and light independent reactions will most likely be on there. Like, where does the light dependent reactions take place? Glucose is made in light dependent or light independent reactions?

The stroma and Light independent.

Probably will be questions about cellular respiration.

There will be a few genetics questions where you have to draw the squares.

Theres actually not as much A/P as you would think, most of the questions are on the cellular level(if that doesnt contradict what i said heh).

Also know ecology well. And know theories like natural selection, speciation, genetic drift....

.Its tough for me to remember a whole lot right now its like 2:40 am. heh hope i helped a little atleast