phys emergency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mhaddi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I need a recommend for a damn good Phys book. Our department recommended 15 different ones- what the X/!XY? I heard Sauders Phys is really awesome. Does anyone second that? I appreciate the input- I emphasize the BASICS!!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Get STARS physiology by Linda Costanzo. She's the same author of BRS Physiology, which is more of an outline for this book, which is absolutely all you'll need for M1 physiology. I think this book is great! It's between a review and textbook, so it definitely emphasized the basics.

best of luck!

I'm partial to Guyton's classic: "Textbook of Medical Physiology;" excellent for the basics and really student friendly.

I am in the same position as you are, except our professors only recommended 3 or 4. I haven't figured out which one to get yet either. But I can add to what camjakb said. Our professor said that the only physiology text he did not recommend was Guyton. He strongly advised against purchasing that book.