Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

phys emergency

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by mhaddi, Dec 31, 2001.

1. mhaddi

mhaddi Junior Member

Hey,
    I need a recommend for a damn good Phys book. Our department recommended 15 different ones- what the X/!XY? I heard Sauders Phys is really awesome. Does anyone second that? I appreciate the input- I emphasize the BASICS!!! :D

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PimplePopperMD

PimplePopperMD Senior Member

Get STARS physiology by Linda Costanzo. She's the same author of BRS Physiology, which is more of an outline for this book, which is absolutely all you'll need for M1 physiology. I think this book is great! It's between a review and textbook, so it definitely emphasized the basics.

best of luck!

4. camjakb

camjakb Member

I'm partial to Guyton's classic: "Textbook of Medical Physiology;" excellent for the basics and really student friendly.

5. anon.

anon. Junior Member

I am in the same position as you are, except our professors only recommended 3 or 4. I haven't figured out which one to get yet either. But I can add to what camjakb said. Our professor said that the only physiology text he did not recommend was Guyton. He strongly advised against purchasing that book.