physics section

aldehyde

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do we need to know hydrodynamics (fluids in motion) and solids for the OAT? The guideline says we only need to know hydrostatics but the OAT review book covers both hydrostatics and hydrodynamics as well as solids. For those that have already taken the oat, any of these tested? flow rate, continuity equation, bernoulli's equation, strain (tensile and shear), stress, young' modulus and bulk modulus....etc?? Also, do we need to know AC circuits as well, it doesn't say on the guideline either. Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly don't remember any questions regarding fluids, strengths or AC circuits. There were a lot of questions on forces and kinnematics and some on units, collisions and thermodynamics. There were very few electrical questions. Most of the electrical questions dealt with DC circuits, charge and electromagnetics and there was one question on RLC time constants. Most of the questions were very straightforward and not extremely involved. My advice for physics (besides knowing general equations like Ohm's Law and the Kinnematic Equations) would be to watch your units. A lot of times you don't even need to remember an equation because you can manipulate the units to get the right answer.

I had mostly Physics 1 on my test, barely any Physics 2 except for some resistors in parallel and series stuff. As far as fluids and that - I did have one question...had to do with buoyant force....but that was it for fluids.