Physio or physics 2 with mcat study (nontrad)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shahcoco

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nontrad here. First off, I'm studying for and taking the mcat without all of my prereqs. I know this isn't the best path but it's the situation I'm in.

Next semester, I'm going to take ochem 1, and I have room for one more with my life schedule + mcat study (sn2ed 4 month). So, based on your knowledge and recent MCATs, should I take

- physics 2
- physio
- genetics
- biochem

Overall, my bio knowledge is weak and I'm strongest in chem. Physics falls in between. I'm leaning more towards physio based on sdn searches but feel better posting for direct input.

Thanks in advance :)

Edit------------

Also, does physio count in lieu of recommended prereqs like genetics or biochem? Or would I still need to take both of those because physio isn't comparable prereq-wise? (I know they're not the same exact classes)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You definitely want to take Physics 2 if you haven't already. I've seen some people self-teach it, but nothing really compares to having a teacher in front of you, doing example after example and really honing in those topics most people struggle with. If you can fit one more class into your schedule (aside from Orgo 1 and Physics 2), I'd personally suggest physio as you said yourself you're struggling with bio and I think my A&P class was extremely helpful.

I also am a non-trad taking 3 courses next spring: a special topics physio & bio class, biochem 1, and advanced micro. It'll be one hell of a ride I'm sure :)

Thanks all. I'm looking at fitting physics 2 in and trying to find it somewhere close to me that offers the course separate from the lab -- I know that will be too much with everything else.

In retrospect, I actually think I'm most weak in physics. I must have been feeling the euphoric effects of finishing physics 1 the other day :p Anyway, all the more reason to take physics 2 and not risk completely self-teaching a subject at which I'm weak.