Jan 3, 2012
Status
Hi all,

I know this question has been asked a lot. But I am nervous because I will not be able to take both before I take my MCAT this year. Which would be most beneficial to take between the two? Or should I postpone my MCAT until I can take both - that would require pushing the MCAT so that I study during school on top of thesis, however.

Even if I cannot take both this semester, I am planning on going to class for the other one and still taking notes/studying as much as I have time for.

Thanks all!

darklabel

PGWhy
7+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Honestly, there isn't much Biochem ( at least when I took it). There is however a lot of physio so I would take that.

Now if you want to have an amazing score on the experimental section (which means nothing), then sure, take both, but I didn't find Biochem stuff too useful on the actual MCAT.

Mehd School

5+ Year Member
May 2, 2012
West Coast
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Physio, hands down. There isn't enough in depth biochem to make it worth it. It will help you on other topics, though (hydrogen bonding, enzyme kinetics, etc).

But physio can be a huge help. I'm taking it in the fall, wish I could have squeezed it in this semester.

Jan 21, 2013
Status
Medical Student
To be honest, I don't see how anyone could take the MCAT without having taken physiology. It's a pretty large part of the test.