PIMP Protector: A Medical Reference Guide for Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll do that Quinn. Also, any chance of a PDA version coming out?
that's not up to me, that's up to the publisher.... ill let you and SDN know as soon as I find out.

Q

Members don't see this ad.

FYI, I found that barnes and Noble is selling my book for a bit cheaper... damn Amazon and their markups!

Q

FYI, I found that barnes and Noble is selling my book for a bit cheaper... damn Amazon and their markups!

Q

I have B&N gift certificates I can use :)

PS - B&N is offering $10 off a purchase of $40 if you buy with a MasterCard. You'd have to order something in addition to Quinn's book, but $10 is $10.

Coupon code: L3D4H9G

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Quinn. Just wanted to let you know that amazon pushed the distribution date of your book back to the 8-10th of Jan. It was originally slated for the 2nd.:)

Yeah, go figure. The publisher hasn't even told me when its going to be done, although they just tell me "January." Barnes adn Noble has end of January who knows. Maybe you can cancel your order and buy it from B&N and save $10!!!!

Cool thing about this book, I get to go speak around at conventions.... first one is the national AMSA conference (which I never went to as a med student, but, whatever). HOw sweet it is!
Q

Yeah, go figure. The publisher hasn't even told me when its going to be done, although they just tell me "January." Barnes adn Noble has end of January who knows. Maybe you can cancel your order and buy it from B&N and save $10!!!!

Cool thing about this book, I get to go speak around at conventions.... first one is the national AMSA conference (which I never went to as a med student, but, whatever). HOw sweet it is!
Q

All expense paid?

I'm a year and a half off from clinicals, but I'll probably go ahead and buy one. Definitely sounds like it's worth the $30.

i'm lucky enough to shadow at a hospital that isnt actually a teaching hospital, so on the off chance i get asked something, it just makes me look better!

now i feel like a jackass . . . i got so excited about this that i ordered (or rather pre-ordered) from amazon before reading the entire thread.

so much for insider information.

nonetheless, congrats quinn, i look forward to checking it out . . .

btw - someone once explained pimping to me as such "a resident or attending will give you softball questions to let you save face and "take care of you" - i.e. be your pimp - and by default exchange you have to do all their scut work and bring them coffee"

i'm not sure what to think about this . . . but it makes me laugh a little

I just got my copy. :love:

If I ever see you at a bar, I'll have my sharpie and sign it for you.

Granted, if you are carrying it around at a bar, you've got a problem.

And if I'm carrying a sharpie, that's even worse!

Thanks! Lemme know what you think!

Q

A kid in my "clinical decisionmaking" class was using Q's book as his resource! I was suddenly dismayed that I didn't have one, so I spent some Xmas Amazon gift cert love on it.

Very cool book; it's just as advertised.

Hey Q, did the "EBM" sections get folded into the "Pearls" for each chapter? It appears that way to me...

A kid in my "clinical decisionmaking" class was using Q's book as his resource! I was suddenly dismayed that I didn't have one, so I spent some Xmas Amazon gift cert love on it.

Very cool book; it's just as advertised.

Hey Q, did the "EBM" sections get folded into the "Pearls" for each chapter? It appears that way to me...
Thanks for buying the second greatest book ever. (First greatest book being docB's ways of the Jedi Force, no longer in print).

Actually it was the publisher's, more correctly the editor's, snafu. The EBM section is actually at the very end of each chapter in the bibliogrpahy. I wanted it at the end of each section, i.e. CHF or MI, however, the publisher put them all together at the end in the bibliogrpahy, which no one will read, hence, its kind of useless.

Q