Pitt Acceptance !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

B737

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who are waiting to hear from Pitt, I just received an acceptance via E-mail from my faculty interviewer. Good luck everyone, I know it's nerve racking.

BTW, interviewed mid November.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, All

Got an e-mail notification from my student interviewer just now. I'm in!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

theprizefighter

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email from my faculty interviewer as well! I'm In!!! Good luck to all that are waiting!!! Quick question...does Pitt have oncampus housing for med students? Also, I'm gonna submit my scholarship application essay...do they evaluate all the apps at one time, or is it on a rolling basis (those who submitted it earlier are at an advantage?) thanks!!:clap: :clap:

Wow! Congrats everyone . . I didn't expect such an explosion! Haha, party on. . .

Lucky people! I interviewed in September, but no emails yet. I really, really hope it's just because my interviewers are busy or something... :(

Just got email from my student interviewer! I'm soo excited...I'm crying and laughing at the same time.. Congrats and good luck to those who are still waiting!

congrats to all of you despite the fact that your thread is causing me much greif. no email for me +pity+

Originally posted by PianoGirl04
Lucky people! I interviewed in September, but no emails yet. I really, really hope it's just because my interviewers are busy or something... :(

Me too, I'm sure ours are on the way soon ;) Haha.

congrats mythili!!!!!

I felt so bad when you got put on hold at maryland- i was really rootin for ya- looks like your hard work has finally paid off!!!!

biff

Originally posted by Sean2tall
Me too, I'm sure ours are on the way soon ;) Haha.

Oh god I hope so!!!!!

I would totally give up a lot of acceptances for this one. Pitt is such a great fit for me...I'd go there in a heartbeat.

*runs off to check email compulsively*

Originally posted by PianoGirl04
Oh god I hope so!!!!!

I would totally give up a lot of acceptances for this one. Pitt is such a great fit for me...I'd go there in a heartbeat.

*runs off to check email compulsively*

That's awesome . . I would definitely be onboard for Pitt too, but I guess we'll just have to wait some more. . Gah! I am pretty relaxed but nonetheless I probably checked my E-mail 10 times in 30 minutes . .

Did you think you had a good interview? Seems like you have nothing to worry about with a bunch of other acceptances! Good luck. .

Members don't see this ad :)
That's awesome . . I would definitely be onboard for Pitt too, but I guess we'll just have to wait some more. . Gah! I am pretty relaxed but nonetheless I probably checked my E-mail 10 times in 30 minutes . .

Did you think you had a good interview? Seems like you have nothing to worry about with a bunch of other acceptances! Good luck. .

10 times in 30 minutes? Thats not bad at all. I think I'm probably up to about 20 times in the past half hour +pissed+

I am totally going nuts over schools that only send "pre-acceptances" to certain folks. NW did this with the phone call thing and now pitt with the e-mail thing. Oh God, I will seriously be camped out by the mailbox now.

Nice, haha, you got me beat. Ok no more E-mail checking for a half hour while I drive home. Good luck gang!

Thanks, and good luck to you too! Maybe we'll be classmates. :) If all goes well this week, I think I might end up at Pitt or Penn, since I really liked both of them.

As for the interview...I dunno...it was my first one, so I was really nervous and not quite prepared. I really hope they don't hold it against me!

Damn it, I'm trying to stay off of SDN, but it's not working!!! I have literally checked my e-mail AT LEAST 40 times in the last two hours.... I think my browser is getting tired :)

Congrats to everyone who's accepted!! PianoGirl, Sean2tall, ZekeMD, and anyone else who's still waiting.... good luck!! I am so nervous I can barely eat. I called Pitt's admissions office, and they said that letters were sent out both Friday and today, so hopefully we get *good* news in the next couple of days...

Alright, off to class!!

I just got the e-mail from my student interviewer too :)

Pitt was definitely up there in my top choices. But I just don't know if I can bear to live my beloved NYC. Gah, damn them for giving me a tough choice to make.

Originally posted by Rendar5
Gah, damn them for giving me a tough choice to make.

I'd be happy to take that acceptance off your hands if you don't want it :D

tell you what, if I decide against them (even though I really loved the school a lot), I'll request they give my spot to ZekeMD.

Hey all -
If you were interviewed by a second year, you might not get an email today - we took a test this morning, so everyone left to eat, drink, etc afterwards (and the notes weren't in our boxes by then...).

so let me get this straight - you get a paper note in your mailbox? not an email?

Originally posted by linus
so let me get this straight - you get a paper note in your mailbox? not an email?
if it is anything like last year, we get a paper note...

I'm in too!!

Now I have a tough decision to make....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :scared: I hope my interviewers are just real busy today....

Originally posted by Rendar5
tell you what, if I decide against them (even though I really loved the school a lot), I'll request they give my spot to ZekeMD.

You rock :horns:

Originally posted by ZekeMD
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :scared: I hope my interviewers are just real busy today....

I'm with you there...:(
I have three physiology quizzes in as many days plus a phys paper due wednesday, and I don't think I'll be able to concentrate on any of them until I hear yea or nay

yeah, no news here either. i'll definitely wait it out tomorrow...after that, do you think it's inappropriate to ask your student interviewer if they received any good news?

congrats to all accepted, and good luck to those waiting.:)

yeah, no news here either. i'll definitely wait it out tomorrow...after that, do you think it's inappropriate to ask your student interviewer if they received any good news?

congrats to all accepted, and good luck to those waiting.:)
I know that I wouldn't want the people I interviewed to contact me asking if they'd been accepted - it puts us in an awkward position. [imagine if you had to tell a student you hadn't heard anything about their file, and yet not being certain that it meant they weren't accepted] Your student interviewer can contact you or not, depending on their time and inclination - other than that, you pretty much should just wait for the notice from the school.

Congrats to all who got acceptances today!!! When did you guys interview? I interviewed Jan 16 and i'm not sure if my app was reviewed in time for a decision to be sent out in this batch of letters. Has anyone heard anything who interviewed around the middle of january?

hapkidochic,

I interviewed on 2/13. I hope you get good news soon!

Hey all!

Congrats on all the acceptances and best of luck to those waiting. I just received an interview invite from Pitt and I was wondering if I am more than likely interviewing for a waitlist position. It is a great school and I hope I have a chance of getting in so late in the game. Also, I am trying to get to the webpage to schedule my interview but it is not working. Does anyone have the original link? I hope it is just my browser acting up. :(

I'm so sad...I have received nothing from my interviewers...but I am compulsively checking my email

:(

DrJ2B

i interviewed today and they said that there are still spots open for straight acceptances and that i wasnt there only for a waitlist chance. it seemed like a sweet school, i hope you decide to check it out.

congratulations to everyone on their acceptances! pitt is probably my top choice at this point also.

i was wondering if anyone (especially the new students) knew if anyone that's interviewed in the last two weeks has gotten a decision yet. i was there on the 23rd and it wasn't really clear if we'd hear back with the first batch of responses or not. thanks!

Originally posted by DannGee
congratulations to everyone on their acceptances! pitt is probably my top choice at this point also.

i was wondering if anyone (especially the new students) knew if anyone that's interviewed in the last two weeks has gotten a decision yet. i was there on the 23rd and it wasn't really clear if we'd hear back with the first batch of responses or not. thanks!

I interviewed earlier than you and they said we late interviewees will be notified late march. On another note, only 33% of the acceptances will be available to people who interview late.

Originally posted by DannGee

I believe an earlier poster said the only people who interviewed before mid-January would hear back this week.

Originally posted by Mythili
hapkidochic,

I interviewed on 2/13. I hope you get good news soon!

How the heck did you get reviewed?! I've been waiting since November and haven't heard anything!

it seems like the earliest interviewees haven't heard anything yet, and that makes sense when you think about it. the early interviews were probably done mostly by 2nd years since it might not be a good idea to have someone interviewing potential students when they've only been a student for a few months themselves. and yesterday it was posted that the 2nd years hadn't gotten their lists yet. so there will likely be another larger batch of emails later today when the 2nd years start doing their emails.

hmm, my interview in november was definitely with a first year.

hmm, my interview in november was definitely with a first year.

So was mine:confused:

if i don't hear by the end of today, i'm just gonna email my student interviewer...just in case she's been sick or something and hasn't checked her mail. i don't think it would be that weird since she's really nice and i've communicated with her a few times before.

I interviewed with a second year as well. When someone hears from a second year, could you please post?

Good luck everyone!

i suppose i could have clarified my definition of 'early' - i'm talking september and perhaps early october. my interview was the second week of september or so, and i'm almost sure she was a 2nd year.

as for the person considering emailing your interviewer, i'd recommend against it for the reasons that pitt student said yesterday. it could put him/her in a very awkward position.

if i don't hear by the end of today, i'm just gonna email my student interviewer...just in case she's been sick or something and hasn't checked her mail. i don't think it would be that weird since she's really nice and i've communicated with her a few times before.

dont call the student. there is no reason you have to know immediately. all good things come to those who wait, right?

Originally posted by personal jesus
dont call the student. there is no reason you have to know immediately. all good things come to those who wait, right?

you're probably right...i'm just a little annoyed with the way they've conducted this whole process. but yeah, patience is a virtue...thanks for the advice.

One of the major problems with the process this year at Pitt was that they decided to do most everything online. All of the screenings for interviews was done that way, and they had quite a few bugs. That slowed them down quite a bit.

The thing that is frustrating to me is that it is really hit or miss with the interviewers emailing. I think it should be all or nothing. Of course I may be a little biased as I haven't heard anything, but still...

I second the all-or-nothing e-mails...