Pitt Acceptance !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dont worry about not getting the email.....I didnt get any email either. I just got the package today at my home, a couple hours from Pitt. So i am sure that everyone else who is further away than i am will get the letter in the next couple days. hang in there guys.

to anyone who got the package, did they personalize the acceptance letter (like put your college name and a couple activities you participated in). I thought it was a nice way to put a personal touch on the whole thing.

good luck to all

Members don't see this ad.

thanks, superk!!!! I am going CRAZY over here!! :).... I just keep thinking to myself that if I get accepted, I am going to hunt down my interviewer and KILL him!!! Actually, better yet, I think that I will tie him to a chair and tell him that I will let him go "sometime during the week"... and then let him wait. And wait...

Hmm, I think it's time to take some valium :D. Better yet, rock climbing. Keep your sanity, everyone! I have definetely lost mine... :D :D

thanks superk, that's a good sign. i can't for the life of me understand why an interviewer wouldn't email their accepted student though. still, this development gives me hope :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by linus
thanks superk, that's a good sign. i can't for the life of me understand why an interviewer wouldn't email their accepted student though. still, this development gives me hope :)

Yes, I got hopeful and went about refreshing my inbox every 30 seconds...Thank god I'm getting out of the house tonight, otherwise I think I'd have a stroke.

Originally posted by superk0725
Dont worry about not getting the email.....I didnt get any email either. I just got the package today at my home, a couple hours from Pitt. So i am sure that everyone else who is further away than i am will get the letter in the next couple days. hang in there guys.

to anyone who got the package, did they personalize the acceptance letter (like put your college name and a couple activities you participated in). I thought it was a nice way to put a personal touch on the whole thing.

good luck to all

Hey nice icon! :) I wonder why I did not get my decision, being that I am even closer to Pitt? Maybe it did not go out until last because my last name starts with W. Tomorrow maybe! I hope! Anyways congrats! Pitt rules.

Sean

Originally posted by superk0725

That is good news. Thanks!

Did anyone receive waitlists or rejection letters?

Every time I say that I'm going to give up on getting an email, I see there's something in my inbox. Of course it's more JUNK MAIL! +pissed+ If only I knew who was sending this spam, I'd show them a thing or two :smuggrin:

i'm in at Pitt :D too... i was nervous last night when i saw other people getting those emails, but my student interviewer sent the email early afternoon while i was at class. maybe some of those student interviewers are just a bit lazier than others ;)
pitt's one of my tops.... good luck to those still waitin'!!!!

Hang in there, everyone! From what people are saying, it sounds like the student interviewers don't always email, so don't give up hope if you didn't get an email! Stay sane...serenity now...:)

Anyone interviewed late (2004) at Pitt hear anything?

I really liked Pitt and the interaction I had with faculty and students while I was there. But it's been a while, so can you hard-core Pitt people convince us "non-believers" to go here??!

thanks!

Ok now I am starting to get nervous. :( Who else is still waitin'? I just want to stay here with my fiance :fingers crossed:

Best luck all you Pitt Class of 2k8 and even better luck to the still waitin' gang!

Sean

Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry, you're not the only one waiting :rolleyes:

Patinetly <snicker> waiting over here!!! Crossing my fingers for the mail tommorrow, but I have a feeling it will be Thurs at the earliest... assuming they sent my letter on Mon, how long do you think it will take to get to NJ??

Originally posted by quideam
thanks, superk!!!! I am going CRAZY over here!! :).... I just keep thinking to myself that if I get accepted, I am going to hunt down my interviewer and KILL him!!! Actually, better yet, I think that I will tie him to a chair and tell him that I will let him go "sometime during the week"... and then let him wait. And wait...

Hmm, I think it's time to take some valium :D. Better yet, rock climbing. Keep your sanity, everyone! I have definetely lost mine... :D :D

Hahaha, now thats torture. Yea, i dont know why the students wouldnt be nice to us and let us know. I actually really connected with my student interviewer, who also graduated from my college (and i knew his gf). so, not getting an email definitely doesnt mean anything.
good luck to all.

I am still waiting, although I've stopped expecting an email notice.

This is for someone who asked about why people think Pitt is special:

I went to Pittsburgh not expecting much. I was invited for an interview in August and didn't really jump on the opportunity at first; I probably waited about a month to reply to the invitation. But when I got there I fell in love with the city. I had a chance to explore the city and it was nice; it is not a huge city but yet not a complete suburb. Having lived in Los Angeles/Hollywood for most of my life, I kind of like to try living somewhere not as crazy. Pittsburgh seemed to offer a good balance of urban life and outdoor(quiet) life. Also, I could not help to notice that the people I met there were really friendly.

As for the school itself, one thing that really attracts me is the simulation lab. I know that some other schools have simulation mannequins too, but I don't think they are as great as Pitt's. Their anatomy lab is good too, with a little museum in the back. The administrative staff seemed very supportive of students, and perhaps most importantly for me, current students I met seemed very happy to be there.

So there you go, that is why I think Pitt is special. It is definitely one of my top choices.

:)

ah...I've resigned myself to rejection :( ...it's alright because I got into a really good school...but still. if i get waitlisted, i'm not sure if i will follow through, just because i want to definitively know where i'll be next year and look for apartments etc etc...
congrats to all the folks who got in! pittsburgh is a great city, the school is world class, and you'll most certainly become great physicians.

I'm still waiting as well. Nearly had a heart attack when I saw something big sticking out of the mailbox last night. Just my wife's damn Oprah magazine. If I haven't gotten anything by tomorrow, I think I'm going to have to face the fact I'm either rejected or waitlisted.

I dont get it. Why are there some people in Pittsburgh who have not received their letters, and yet others farther away who have? I thought all the letters went out Monday, regardless of whether it was a waitlist, rejection, or acceptance.

Originally posted by SoulRFlare
ah...I've resigned myself to rejection :( ...it's alright because I got into a really good school...but still. if i get waitlisted, i'm not sure if i will follow through, just because i want to definitively know where i'll be next year and look for apartments etc etc...
congrats to all the folks who got in! pittsburgh is a great city, the school is world class, and you'll most certainly become great physicians.

I know what you mean about following through. Even though Pitt is my absolute top choice, I don't know if I will sit around on their waitlist. I actually would rather have a rejection than a waitlist just so I can pack my bags for Phil. and be done with the waiting.

But anyways, you are just guessing right? You don't know that you're not accepted do you? I bet you still have a good chance! :D

Originally posted by ZekeMD
I dont get it. Why are there some people in Pittsburgh who have not received their letters, and yet others farther away who have? I thought all the letters went out Monday, regardless of whether it was a waitlist, rejection, or acceptance.

Haha, believe me I'm wondering that myself! Actually here is what I am thinkin'. Purely conjecture mind you, but . . somebody posted that they sent some letters on Friday and some Monday. So the people close to Pittsburgh who were in the Friday batch (maybe the beginning of the alphabet or the top of the rank list or something) have gotten them already. But the letters that went out Monday will not even make it to Pittsburgh addresses until at least today maybe? As far as I know, rejections, waitlists and acceptances should all be arriving at the same time. . Anyways, don't worry too much - from the look of your mdapplicants page, I bet you will get in for sure!

Party on waiters!
Sean

patience, patience. it's almost there! the mail system is wack.

I can confirm a few things and shed some light on a couple other things.

The letters did go out in two batches, one on Friday and one on Monday.

The people who have not heard from a faculty or student interviewer...some wait for a few days (up to a week) before they email or contact. Apparently there have been instances of an acceptee getting really peeved that they heard before getting the letter. So some people wait to contact. Doesn't make sense to me, but that is they way it goes.

I did have a dream last night that my interviewer came to my house and told me I got in and pointed out that there was a card in the mailbox telling me I got in. So hopefully that is a prohpetic dream and tonight when I go homw there will be a big envelope poking out of the mailbox. And hopefully it won't be my wife's Oprah magazine like last night.

that makes me feel a lot better. b/c i couldn't figure out why they wouldn't email us!:confused:

Originally posted by Sean2tall
Anyways, don't worry too much - from the look of your mdapplicants page, I bet you will get in for sure!

I appreciate the vote of confidence Sean. Hopefully we'll all get in this week! But as for now the wait continues for those elusive e-mails.

Nothing in the mail today either. How long does the mail travel from Pittsburgh to Boston???

But anyways, you are just guessing right? You don't know that you're not accepted do you? I bet you still have a good chance! :D

Yeah I'm guessing...but my student interviewer was very nice, and she seemed like the type who would email right away. So I'm not holding out much hope.

Originally posted by SoulRFlare
Yeah I'm guessing...but my student interviewer was very nice, and she seemed like the type who would email right away. So I'm not holding out much hope.

My interviewer was nice too so she would email me...I've come to the same conclusion as you have...:(

thanks for the update. to the people who haven't heard in an email (myself included): we know for a fact that not everyone emails, so until something arrives in writing we really don't know anything. this is especially frustrating for me since i'm on break now and won't be able to check my mail till late sunday.

also, pitt ultimately lets in almost half of those interviewed, and we have no idea how many acceptances were sent with this first batch. schools have every reason to be conservative. you can always pull someone off the waitlist, but if a school overfills a class they're screwed.

Originally posted by duncanfj
I can confirm a few things and shed some light on a couple other things.

The letters did go out in two batches, one on Friday and one on Monday.

The people who have not heard from a faculty or student interviewer...some wait for a few days (up to a week) before they email or contact. Apparently there have been instances of an acceptee getting really peeved that they heard before getting the letter. So some people wait to contact. Doesn't make sense to me, but that is they way it goes.

I did have a dream last night that my interviewer came to my house and told me I got in and pointed out that there was a card in the mailbox telling me I got in. So hopefully that is a prohpetic dream and tonight when I go homw there will be a big envelope poking out of the mailbox. And hopefully it won't be my wife's Oprah magazine like last night.

I am innnn!!!!! Just checked my email not expecting anything and found an email from my faculty interviewer!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Congrats prizefighter! Looks like we posted our acceptance news at the same time!

:)

Oh wow - two more! Congrats GTea and prizefigher! So far it seems like everybody from this group is getting in! (or still waiting)

:confused:

Congrats to you both. Woe for me and the rest who are still waiting +pity+

Originally posted by ZekeMD
Congrats to you both. Woe for me and the rest who are still waiting +pity+

Is Pitt your #1 choice right now? (seems like you really like it)

woo hoo! I just got an e-mail from my faculty interviewer! It's decision time, now...

I'm extremely curious about the type of numbers you acceptees have. Would anybody mind posting scores and/or gpa's?

I'm in!!!! I just called to ask if a decision had been made, not to ask what the decision was. Then they put me through to Dean Curtiss and he told me the good news!!! Congrats to everyone else!!!

Is Pitt your #1 choice right now? (seems like you really like it)

Pitt is pretty much dead even with Rochester and UVa in my mind. I applied for the Dean's Merit Scholarship and that would decide for me if I got that. If I dont, it will be a tough decision, should I get into more than one.

Originally posted by hapkidochic
I'm in!!!! I just called to ask if a decision had been made, not to ask what the decision was. Then they put me through to Dean Curtiss and he told me the good news!!! Congrats to everyone else!!!

Uh oh....Big Mistake! Now their phones will be ringing off the hook!

I'm in too! I received my letter today, but never received a faculty or student interviewer phone call. Kewl.....2nd look weekend is 4/17 right?

Wow! Hardly anybody left of us! Did anybody get a non-acceptance letter?

I need to get home and check my mail-izzle.

Sean (not Snoop)

Congrats to all who were accepted! It seems like almost everyone is getting good news. I can't wait 'til I get off work so I can check my mail (although I doubt it'll come today). I guess it's me, ZekeMD, and Sean2tall who are still left in anticipation. Good luck everyone!

Just wanted to throw myself into this mix and say that I'm still waiting as well. I really hope I get in, I'm from Pittsburgh and would love to go back home for med school. I also thought that my interviews went well, I really thought that I was going to get in. Perhaps there is still a chance I will get in without receiving the faculty/student e-mail.

For those still waiting. I'm in CA and got my envelope today, so go check your mailbox.

Hey everyone!!! I got my acceptance today!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hang in there, Zeke, Sean, and everyone else!!!

I'll ask this again...do you guys mind posting your information? I only got a 32 on the MCAT and I'm wondering if that's way below the level for an initial acceptance.

Don't sweat coldchemist, thats a good #.

congrats quid and everyone else. coldchemist, i pmed you.