Pitt Acceptance !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by quideam
Hey everyone!!! I got my acceptance today!!!! :

Hang in there, Zeke, Sean, and everyone else!!!

Congrats Quid! :clap: I know that feeling of relief (as I went through it a couple of weeks ago myself with another school).

Now all you need to do is start a hockey team there! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone!!! I got my acceptance today!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hang in there, Zeke, Sean, and everyone else!!!

Congratulations! No more worries for you because you got into one of your top choices. Good luck with the other schools especially UPenn! Tomorrow we will be hearing from UPenn! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:clap:

Congratulations to all of you that go in!!!
I haven't heard from UPitt yet but I wouldn't be surprised if I was waitlisted or rejected. I didn't really click with my student interviewer.

But congratulations to you all! :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone for your support!!! Hang in there... you should get your package in the mail in a day or two... I live in NJ and I just got it today.

So.... who's up for some hockey?!?!

Congrats quideam! I know you have been waiting big time, so big time congrats are in order!

Anyway . . just got home to check the mail . . Sorry to break the streak everybody but no go for me :( Waitlist . . .

Well best luck to you peeps at Pitt! One more party on is in order . . bya.

Are you going to stay on the waitlist? They had a lot of movement next year.... I don't think it's a no-go just yet!

I feel your pain Sean. Actually, I can even go one better. No Pitt for me. Time to put the house up for sale.

i just wanted to say to those who were not accepted: don't think this personally...i would be glad to attend med school with people like you (just based on how you come across on SDN). you all have been so supportive to me and everyone else...and that, not your mcat/gpa/school attended shows your character and fitness to be a physician. good luck wherever you go...i look forward to being your peer someday.

don't think this personally...

what i meant was, dont take the rejection or waitlist personally. my note was meant to be personal :).

Very kind words, Joker. It would be a pleasure to work with you as well.

Are you going to stay on the waitlist? They had a lot of movement next year.... I don't think it's a no-go just yet!

Thanks, I don't see any reason to remove myself from the waitlist as it doesn't hurt me anything, right? But I might just make plans to go to Temple rather than wait indefinitely. It's hard to say.

On another note. You all must be pretty awesome to be accepted there! The thing I remember about my interview is that everybody else there seemed like the best and brightest, and they had all done amazing impressive things. I kinda wondered what I was doing there! Haha.

And thanks a million joker! You seem like the kind of person I will be glad to work with someday!:hardy:

Add me to the list of people who haven't heard anything yet. I am in the midwest and didn't get anything in the mail today. Hopefully I'll get something tomorrow, but I'm not too optimistic at this point.

No mail for me today :( . I'm from NY too....what gives??? But I guess there's still hope. Congrats Quideam!!!! Now when I get in we can start a hockey team there! :clap: ..... if I get in:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm about 2.5 hours south of pittsburgh and still no envelope, thick or thin...I think my aorta is about to burst...plus, i think i might be coming down with trigeminal neuralgia...

maybe post #200 in the pitt thread will garner me some luck...
+pad+

I emailed my interviewer:eek: Since i'm going on vacation and wont be back for awhile I figured I might as well. I'm dying to know, regardless of whether I am accepted waitlisted or rejected, I just want to know. Was that a bad idea? I mentioned that I dont mind bad news, and not to feel bad if thats what's coming.

ZekeMD,

I don't think thats neccesarily a bad thing to do. I doubt that doing this could affect your result. Plus, you have great stats. I think you're in.:thumbup:

Zeke, I think it's okay that you did that. I was honestly on the verge of e-mailing my interviewer last night, except that I couldn't decipher his e-mail!! (he had VERY messy handwriting!!)

Also, when I was driving today, I saw a postal truck (those little white ones), and had a strong urge to pull it over and beg to search through his mail!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't worry, I really have a good feeling about you getting in!!! You stats are AMAZING... just wait one more day, you'll hear!! And then we will definetely play some hockey :)....

Just got that e-mail!!! Woohoo!!! I am in!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

My stats: 36Q MCAT, 3.8 GPA.

Congrats Edik!!! Thanks Quid. I'd definately be up for some hockey right now! I suppose I'll have to settle for hockey when we're both at Pitt. Do you think you'll go there Quid?

Unless God interferes and Penn or Yale take me, then yeah, I think i'll be headed to Pitt.... i'll miss my sweetie though (6 hours away!!)...

Do you only play ice hockey or can you play roller hockey as well? Cause we could definetely play some pick-up hockey on the weekends to relieve stress :D :D :D

Hang in there, I really think you'll get good news soon...!!!!

I like playing both roller and ice hockey! In the summer there's nothing I like better than roller hockey in a parking lot. :clap: I'm better at ice hockey, since I can't hockey stop on roller blades, but I make due (ie go in circles and turn fast).

Just wanted all of you SDN'rs to know that second look for Pitt will be April 16,17 and an option to spend the night till the 18th. You should be receiving an email soon. Congrats to all of the people who have good news and good luck to those people stil waiting. cheers.

got the acceptance today and didn't get any email or phone calls so don't worry if you haven't heard yet. good luck to all those waiting!

Sorry if this question is repetative:

Big envelope or small?

Not that I have one...but people have said its a big envelope

Well, I just heard back from my student interviewer.... looks like no Pitt for me...at least not yet. My interviewer has not heard anything about me being accepted, so I guess the best I can hope for is a spot on the waitlist :( .

Oh no!!!!! Well, don't worry just yet - wait and see.... but promise you'll stay on the waitlist?? Pretty please?? Just think about how cold Rochester is :)

Seriously, though, even if you don't get into Pitt, Rochester is a great school.... but Pitt DOES have a lot of waitlist movement, so if you send a letter of interest, I think you'd have a great shot!!

On the other hand, doesn't your profile say that you would rather go to Rochester than Pitt (precluding a scholarship)?

Good luck, Zeke!!! It will be ok!!! And you know what, we can get together and play some hockey anyway :) :)

Originally posted by ZekeMD
Well, I just heard back from my student interviewer.... looks like no Pitt for me...at least not yet. My interviewer has not heard anything about me being accepted, so I guess the best I can hope for is a spot on the waitlist :( .

Brush off that shoulder man, it's their loss. :)

On the other hand, doesn't your profile say that you would rather go to Rochester than Pitt (precluding a scholarship)?

It will be a tough choice between Rochester, UVa, and Pitt if I get into more than 1 of them. If I got the scholarship at Pitt I'd definately go there. If not, it will be tough to decide.

Hockey would be good right now! It's amazing how much stress can be relieved by flinging vulcanized rubber objects at other people! :D

Sorry to hear this, man. But it's not over till it's over. Wait till the mail arrives...

Hockey would be good right now! It's amazing how much stress can be relieved by flinging vulcanized rubber objects at other people! :D

Absolutely!!! Feel free to IM me if you ever want to talk (my AIM handle is in my profile).... and good luck, Zeke!!! Let us know what your letter says!! :) :) :) :)

Originally posted by TheFlash
Brush off that shoulder man, it's their loss. :)

Have you heard back yet Flash? If I remember correctly we interviewed together.

Have you heard back yet Flash? If I remember correctly we interviewed together.

Yeah man I remember ya. Nope no word yet. I never expected an email from either of my faculty interviewer (he's a busy as heck radiologist) or my student (he never replied to an email I sent him a few months ago, so I assume he doesn't use it much). And I can't check my mail until Sunday because I'm home for spring break. So looks like I'll be waiting it it out the old-fashioned way. :) I just hope that they didn't hold any mail from my apartment's tiny mailbox at school, since I'm sure it's overflowing with junk by now.

Waitlisted! I'm stoked, man...anything is better than rejection at this point!

Anybody know if they continue to update you as things move alone?

Zeke...you still alive? You must have heard something by now and we all want to know...

Thanks guys. :) Mr.Rosewater, I'm not sure if I'll definitely be attending or not, as I'm already in at a couple other places I really like elsewhere too. However, I was definitely very impressed with Pitt, so I'll anxiously be awaiting their financial aid decisions.

Originally posted by coldchemist
Zeke...you still alive? You must have heard something by now and we all want to know...

Still alive, but I haven't heard a word. This is frustrating. I'm pretty certain that I'll be joining you on the waitlist shortly though coldchem. :(

Still alive, but I haven't heard a word. This is frustrating. I'm pretty certain that I'll be joining you on the waitlist shortly though coldchem. :(

Dude, here's a tip: Call the admissions office and ask specifically for a "status update." They'll ask for your AAMC ID number. I did that, and they ended up transferring me to one of the Deans, who told me that I was admitted. She also struck a nice conversation with me about my spring break exploits in Daytona Beach. I love their staff. :)

Dude, here's a tip: Call the admissions office and ask specifically for a "status update." They'll ask for your AAMC ID number. I did that, and they ended up transferring me to one of the Deans, who told me that I was admitted. She also struck a nice conversation with me about my spring break exploits in Daytona Beach. I love their staff. :)

well that confirms it right there that I'm waitlisted. I called earlier today and they told me that they couldn't give decisions over the phone. +pity+

well that confirms it right there that I'm waitlisted. I called earlier today and they told me that they couldn't give decisions over the phone. +pity+

Hehe, they're pretty tricky. I asked for a decision a couple days ago and got the same response. You must specifically say "status update" so they can type in your AAMC ID without you telling them that you're waiting post-interview. If you say that you're waiting for a decision, you'll get the form response that they gave you. Good luck!

Hehe, they're pretty tricky. I asked for a decision a couple days ago and got the same response. You must specifically say "status update" so they can type in your AAMC ID without you telling them that you're waiting post-interview. If you say that you're waiting for a decision, you'll get the form response that they gave you. Good luck!

ehhhh well I still don't feel any better. She took my AMCAS number and said something to the effect, "Ok, you interviewed on Nov. 24th and those letters went out Monday so they're in circulation. We can't give decisions over the phone, but you should be hearing from us soon." :(

Just to let everyone know, I got my acceptance letter in the mail today! I never got any e-mail from my interviewer, so here's another example of getting in without getting an e-mail. It has sure caused a lot of stress in the last few days though!

I'm so sad...I got the waitlist letter today...:(

I want to sit on the couch and eat Ben and Jerry's now and feel like crap...after all that waiting, i'm so unbelievably disappointed...

Geeeezzz How long does it take a letter to get from Pittsburgh to Northern NY?!?! :mad: I just want to know already!!! Don't worry BonBon, I'm pretty sure I'll be joining you on the waitlist soon enough.

For those of you that have been accepted, was there a card or something to fill out indicating you accept the offer and do you have to send a fee within the normal 2 weeks?

ZekeMD,

There is a form you fill out and send back within 2 weeks. $100 deposit is required and you need to send it between May 16th and 24th.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. And those on waitlist, don't give up just yet; there is still a good chance.

Waitlisted, received 3/12...