Pitt Acceptance !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey ya'll,

I got an e-card today at 10 telling me I was accepted. Apparently my student had a lot of cards to create so she was behind. Also, my faculty interviewer works a crazy schedule. I am sure things will pan out for you guys!

I hope to see you next fall!

Rocco:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Everyone.... another sleepless night for everyone? :).... I'm still crossing my fingers for all of us... my boyfriend had to talk me out of e-mailing my student interviewer last night :)...

Hang in there everyone! We'll get through this.... only a few more days, and hopefully we'll get good news :clap: :clap:

I don't know if I can take this anymore...I had to be talked out of emailing my student interviewer as well...and i went through the "if they haven't contacted me yet, i didn't get in" dilemma last night... :(

If they sent out the decisions yesterday, it won't reach us for 7-10 business days (the office said it takes awhile to go through the central processing office there)...so for the next week and half, I'll be on pins and needles...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey folks,

Got my letters in the mail today....BIG envelope...

GOOD LUCK!

Originally posted by RoccoWJ
Hey folks,

GOOD LUCK!

well...washington is not far from where I live, so let's hope i get mine so i can get on with planning the rest of my life...
Big = Really tough decision
Small = CWRU class of 2008!!!

Hey folks,

GOOD LUCK!

Awesome congrats man!

This might mean trouble for me, though, being that I live like 12 minutes away from Pitt and got nothing :(

Hang in everybody!

Hey folks,

GOOD LUCK!

Thats pretty quick since they were supposedly sent out yesterday. Maybe I'll be fortunate enough to receive one today here in Upstate NY. If not today, maybe tomorrow.

this is torture. here's a suggestion for nonrolling schools:
do it like the mcat thx system, where at a set time we can all just get our decisions over the net. that way we needn't be subjected to email cards, phone calls, USPS etc. etc.

Does anyone know if rejection letters and waitlist notifications went out as well?

FYI, the 2nd years have started emailing their interviewees. Hang in there ya'll...GL

This is so depressing. A waitlist letter is one thing, but when you're still hanging in limbo....that just sucks.

I just wish they would tell everyone at once so I could go on with my life instead of checking me email every 5 seconds...though i'm sure my interviewer was a first year...i just have this bad sinking feeling that i'm not gonna get the answer i want...

Originally posted by BonBon Doux
I just wish they would tell everyone at once so I could go on with my life instead of checking me email every 5 seconds...though i'm sure my interviewer was a first year...i just have this bad sinking feeling that i'm not gonna get the answer i want...

I hear you there. Every second that passes without an email my hopes just disappear more and more. Come on Pitt!!! Show some love :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email today!!!!! My interviewer was a 2nd-year...that explains it.

No envelope yet...hopefully that will come tomorrow or the next day.

Good luck to those of you who are still waiting...I know it's pure torture. Yesterday was horrible! Hopefully you'll get some relief today.

Congrats PianoGirl....now who's going to keep me sane? :confused:

Originally posted by PianoGirl04
I got the email today!!!!! My interviewer was a 2nd-year...that explains it.

No envelope yet...hopefully that will come tomorrow or the next day.

Good luck to those of you who are still waiting...I know it's pure torture. Yesterday was horrible! Hopefully you'll get some relief today.

Congrats Pianogirl04!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by ZekeMD
Congrats PianoGirl....now who's going to keep me sane? :confused:

i'm still waiting...:p

congrats all :thumbup:

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum, and I am also going insane waiting for Pitt reply. Good thing knowing that I am not alone!

+pissed+

Wow, everybody is dropping like flies! Well - dropping in a good way I mean. Hang in there Zeke and gang. I'm still waiting to hear too!

Sean:cool:

Originally posted by coldchemist
Does anyone know if rejection letters and waitlist notifications went out as well?

I second that question. Anybody know?

Yeah, I know....I called them this morning. Acceptances, waitlists, and rejections were sent out together starting last Friday.

I think I'm gonna go nuts by the end of the week.

Yeah, I know....I called them this morning. Acceptances, waitlists, and rejections were sent out together starting last Friday.

I think I'm gonna go nuts by the end of the week.

Thanks!
Yeah, I hope we don't have to wait until the end of the week, but maybe . .
Party on.

Originally posted by Sean2tall
Wow, everybody is dropping like flies! Well - dropping in a good way I mean. Hang in there Zeke and gang. I'm still waiting to hear too!

Sean:cool:

Well, it's nice to know I'm not alone in this. Looking on the bright side....even if we do end up on the waitlist, Pitt has a great deal of movement.

Originally posted by Sean2tall
Thanks!
Yeah, I hope we don't have to wait until the end of the week, but maybe . .
Party on.

Dude, you're in Pittsburgh...you can't go over to the office and see about the decision. While you're there, ask them about mine ;)

My problem is that I have to know by the end of the week because I'm leaving the country for several weeks...sigh...i really want to know before I leave!

Nothing in inbox...:(

I'm in Cali so it'll probably be another week or so to get my snailmail.

I have a feeling that I will get the small envelope:(

Hang in there Zeke and everyone else! I am also in decision-limbo..... *sigh*.... I guess we'll see...

Dude, you're in Pittsburgh...you can't go over to the office and see about the decision. While you're there, ask them about mine ;)

My problem is that I have to know by the end of the week because I'm leaving the country for several weeks...sigh...i really want to know before I leave!

Yeah :laugh: Don't think I haven't thought about it! The lab I work at is probably 4 minutes drive away from Pitt . . :waits in the bushes for mailman:

I have a very bad feeling that I was rejected...after all, I was rejected from UVa within a week :(

Sean,

I am sure things will be fine for you buddy. Also Zeke, just relax buddy, no e-mail does not equal no acceptance. Also, I go to school only 40 mins away from Pittsburgh! It will all be a-okay!

Younz (alt pron = yinz) guys will be fine!

Rocco

Keep me updated folks! I will be looking for roomies!

AIM: Rocpen321

I work in the building next to the med school. I am sorely tempted to walk down and sit on someone's desk until they tell me. Well, hopefully there'll be something in the mail when I get home.

Sean,

I am sure things will be fine for you buddy. Also Zeke, just relax buddy, no e-mail does not equal no acceptance. Also, I go to school only 40 mins away from Pittsburgh! It will all be a-okay!

Younz (alt pron = yinz) guys will be fine!

Rocco

Keep me updated folks! I will be looking for roomies!

AIM: Rocpen321

Thanks! I am pretty chill about it, but I am just glad to talk to other people that are excited about Pitt too. :cool:

duncanfj: You got us all beat in closeness to Pitt! Haha good luck!

I just got an e-mail from my pre-med advisor who said.....I got in!!!! Congrats to all. Pitt is definitely a great place to start your medical career.

from your pre-med advisor? my pre-med advisor doesn't know anything about anything, I'll trade you my advisor for yours.

I'm in the same boat as ZekeMD--still no word. I felt like I really connected with my student interviewer (a 1st year), so I'm sure he would have notified me by now if it was good news. I just want a decision one way or another so the waiting ends!

OMG, I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to the rest of the crew.

Pitt Class of '08!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Congrats to all, but where is my email?! :(

Congrats to all who got in!
No e-mail for me... yet...

Originally posted by ZekeMD
Congrats to all, but where is my email?! :(

Yes, congrats to everyone who has gotten in...but I still wait...as I have the past 4 months...and check my inbox over and over and over and over again

Chins up y'all. I haven't gotten any of those elusive emails either, but just remember, it's not the end of the world if you get waitlisted. A doctor is a doctor is a doctor. :)

hey..for those of you whose student interviewers hadnt emailed you yet..don't worry...mine didnt email me, and she was a first year , and i thought our interview went great, AND we've even kept in touch since then! but my faculty interviewer emailed me...so don't sweat it if you didn't get an email. good luck everyone!!!

Originally posted by joker
hey..for those of you whose student interviewers hadnt emailed you yet..don't worry...mine didnt email me, and she was a first year , and i thought our interview went great, AND we've even kept in touch since then! but my faculty interviewer emailed me...so don't sweat it if you didn't get an email. good luck everyone!!!

Thanks for the info. I think many of us are freaking out about now. My interviewer was a first year and she told me that she was going to highly recommend me.:D Now that I havent gotten anything I'm worrying alot. So you found out from your faculty interviewer before you got the letter?

So you found out from your faculty interviewer before you got the letter?

yup...he was cool. i know the wait sucks...im dying waiting for upenn. oh yeah...im probably gonna end up giving up my spot at pitt, so for those of you who get waitlisted, don't worry!! good luck everyone!!

My student interviewer told me that I would be accepted to Pitt. He didn't say he'd "highly recommend me" he flat out said I'd be accepted. I don't know how he could make such a bold claim when he is only part of the equation, but needless to say, I'll be pissed at him if I end up not getting in. I know other people have had experiences where they were told they'd get in and didn't, but I may have one to add to the pile.

Originally posted by J33
My student interviewer told me that I would be accepted to Pitt. He didn't say he'd "highly recommend me" he flat out said I'd be accepted. I don't know how he could make such a bold claim when he is only part of the equation, but needless to say, I'll be pissed at him if I end up not getting in. I know other people have had experiences where they were told they'd get in and didn't, but I may have one to add to the pile.

My student interviewer at UCLA said she would put in a good word for me. Then, I was rejected the following week.

I'm dying... both my mail and email boxes are empty. I've kept in touch with my faculty advisor... but no email.

I have no life at this point. I've been on and off SDN from 10am today, and checking my email three thousand times.

Anyway, I decided to give up on getting an email. I'll just wait for my snail mail.

Good luck everyone!!

Originally posted by GTea
I'm dying... both my mail and email boxes are empty. I've kept in touch with my faculty advisor... but no email.

I have no life at this point. I've been on and off SDN from 10am today, and checking my email three thousand times.

Anyway, I decided to give up on getting an email. I'll just wait for my snail mail.

Good luck everyone!!

You've just summarized my day as well...I have also decided to give up on emai.

story of my day too.

Yup, same here. *sigh*