Pitt update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LizardKing

Veteran Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there was a thread on this before, but anyone else have an idea of where Pitt stands right now with their acceptance date of Feb. 22?

Members don't see this ad.

When I interviewed in October, they said all decisions would be made on Feb 28th. Recent interviewees/posters have reported that that date has been pushed back to the first week in March.

We're all sitting with our fingers crossed...

Hope this helps.

Last I heard they were on schedule for the end of Feb.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how many acceptances they send out? I'm estimating around 300.

I spoke with Pitt, considering I applied late and am waiting for an interview. They have informed me they are interviewing through end of March.

F#$%K!!! If they are inteviewing through the end of March, are they waiting to send out the first batch of acceptances?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Locita is going loco...

No...first batch will go out early March. At least that's the propaganda I have been fed thus far.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by LizardKing:
•Anyone know how many acceptances they send out? I'm estimating around 300.•••••where'd you get that seemingly large number from? Considering they haven't finished interviewing, I doubt they will give out all the accepts they hope to give off the bat. Unless they're like some schools that are currently interviewing for the waitlist. From US news, they accepted 389 of 888 interviewees for the ~150 class. So that means after the intial batch, they'll only need to make 89 more offers to all those interviewing PLUS the waitlist? Maybe that is possible, but it's a bad way to go about it.

USeF, what I meant was 300 acceptances total when it's all said and done. I was just pulling a number from nowhere...I figure over half their acceptees go somewhere else.

I got my secondary in like a week before it was due, and I just got an interview invite via email yesterday.

I got my secondary in the week of the deadline, so I am assuming they will be getting to my app rejection or interview soon.

If i remember correctly from my interview, pitt told us that they accept 3 people for every one position that they have in the class.