Update Letter vs. In Portal Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emh_omega-323

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
If schools have a space for updates on their portals pre-II, are the update rules here different than those for sending an update letter to the admissions office? I have a new job and have read here to wait to send an update letter till you have a substantial number of hours and something to say about what you're learning.

I started a new job as a case manager at a cancer support organization last week. We provide educational information, resources, and support to patients with a very difficult type of cancer. It's already been fantastic practice clearly, compassionately communicating complicated scientific information. It's remote, so I'm also planning to spend part of my winter working from Mexico while I work on my Spanish.

I've had one interview so far, and have 2 more coming up. Would you recommend updating in any application portals that allow it, emailing the school I interviewed with, or waiting on one/both?

Members don't see this ad.