Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sounds reasonable to me if you think you can get that job, and definitely pays better than EMT or CNA.
Yes, though this is just from personal experience and I am certainly not an expert in the area. This would likely depend on geographic area, job availability, market saturation, and slough of other factors that I can't really speak to.
I'm asking if I should change my major in more of a "what if med schools don't accept me" or "what if my plan B doesn't work out". I'm just scared that My career is ruined from this and that I don't have a chance.I honestly don't know the process for that at all. However, if you could do it then it seems like a valid career route, and if the average salary is 6 figures as it looked like, it may be a completely valid substitution for medical school. Something you'll have to ponder yourself.
Depends on your plan. Do you want to be a CAA? If that's the case, idk. Are you going to leave school and work for a few years and then apply for med school? In that case it depends. There are plenty of clinical jobs you could get that only need a certification or minimal licensure. In those cases your major won't matter at all. If you're thinking about forgoing medical school altogether, I'd say finding a major other than bio is a good idea unless you're willing to pursue a PhD. Job market for pure bio without a clear focus just isn't great imo (this is coming from a former bio major with multiple gap years).
Having a plan B is essential for everyone. I don't care if you're getting a 4.0 at Harvard with a 525 MCAT and outstanding ECs. You should still have some form of plan B.
Eh, I've lived off of less than 15k/yr in two separate major cities. Granted, they weren't like NYC or SF, but still, 40k is enough for an individual to live off of pretty much anywhere. If you're supporting a family or something it may be a different story, but 40k straight out of UG isn't bad. My friends were searching for jobs at the same time (+/- a year), all of my chem and biochem friends had no problems finding jobs and most were employed before graduation. Many earning over 70k without ridiculous connections. I cannot say the same about my friends who graduated with general bio degrees and withoCould be geographic reasons, but had I not gotten into medical school I would have very seriously regretted getting a bio degree instead of chem/biochem based on my friends' experiences.