Plan B

Started by MatttF
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MatttF

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to have a good plan in place if worst comes to worst. I'm very interested in oncology and would like to do something working in a hospital with hopefully some interaction with patients. Does anyone know what kind of jobs exist like this other than being a doctor?
 
PhD
MS
research lab tech or research assistant
Lab mgr
Cytotech technician
Xray tech
PA
Nursing
Social worker


I want to have a good plan in place if worst comes to worst. I'm very interested in oncology and would like to do something working in a hospital with hopefully some interaction with patients. Does anyone know what kind of jobs exist like this other than being a doctor?
 
I had planned to get a MS if I didn't get into med school but where do I go from there? I had planned on working in a research lab, however, I decided that it's not really what I want to do now.

What is a PA? And what's the school requirements for nursing and x-ray tech?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had planned to get a MS if I didn't get into med school but where do I go from there? I had planned on working in a research lab, however, I decided that it's not really what I want to do now.

What is a PA? And what's the school requirements for nursing and x-ray tech?
You're a researcher!
 
I had planned to get a MS if I didn't get into med school but where do I go from there? I had planned on working in a research lab, however, I decided that it's not really what I want to do now.

What is a PA? And what's the school requirements for nursing and x-ray tech?

A PA is a physician's assistant. You don't need the MCAT and take the GRE instead. School is 3 years for them and don't require a residency. They can take care of patients and prescribe medicine. Although, they work under a physician. Most require extensive healthcare experience before entering school.
 
Do ADCOMS typically ask about backup plans/ plan Bs?

Would it be acceptable to say that a backup might be an easier doctorate school, such as pharmacy or podiatry?



PhD
MS
research lab tech or research assistant
Lab mgr
Cytotech technician
Xray tech
PA
Nursing
Social worker
 
I had planned to get a MS if I didn't get into med school but where do I go from there? I had planned on working in a research lab, however, I decided that it's not really what I want to do now.

What is a PA? And what's the school requirements for nursing and x-ray tech?

Community colleges have X-ray tech and RN programs...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad