Planning a transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I unexpectedly matched to a residency that I'm not very fond with. I'm planning to transfer as soon as my match agreement allows me to approximately 45 days after the start date. I'm just trying to plan ahead and figure out what exactly I need in order to jump on any open spots that are available. Right now I figured that I would need at the minimum the following:

1) CV
2) Steps scores
3) Cover letter

What other documents do programs ask for when initiating the transfer process. I recognize that a spot may not be right open 45 days into the year, however I want to be ready as open spots Ican appear very quickly from watching this past year. Any information from people that have transferred from other residencies and have gone through this process within the same speciality would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
@Qpworueury - What specialty? Are you willing to go to any part of the country or are you limited geographically?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not worried. No one looks at this part of student doctors network. I edited my posts by the way so you can't retrieve the whole story. There's no way I'm telling people what program this. I don't want my current peers to know that I'm this discontent
[/QUOTE]
Lol… sure they are aware…

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.