Plea to SDN to Help Waitlisted People

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
cancelled michigan interview; going to withdraw bu and temple acceptances. good luck all!

Members don't see this ad.

cancelled Pitts and NYU, good luck!!!

Yeah I just sent my denial to NYU last week, so I did my part thus far :) haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Canx'd my USC interview. Withdrew from Western. Withdrew from Pitt. Withdrew from UIC. All today.

Best of luck everyone on the end of the cycle. I feel your pain. I had to do a "leap of faith" and resign my post at an excellent job in January (before I got into schools!)

Keep the faith!

Withdrew from NYU and Indiana before attending my interviews.

I wonder if anyone's actually wise enough to wait until your financial aid letter comes before withdrawing from a school. It would completely suck to withdraw from a school that was planning on giving you tons of grant money.

It sucks to be on the waitlist, but that's the cost of being almost good enough. Your chances of getting in won't increase or decrease, but you may have to wait longer.

I wonder if anyone's actually wise enough to wait until your financial aid letter comes before withdrawing from a school.

Don't most financial aid award letters come well after May 1st?

Financial aid (such as grants) award letters usually aren't given to you until the summer *May or June*

Pretty sure we have to make a decision by then:)

The only thing you find out about now are scholarships.

Withdrawn Tufts, PITT, Case. Hopefully you've all got in by now. Good luck...