please advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drsuneetha

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
i am giving my part 1 ndbe this dec. i just wanted to know if i can repeat the exam if i dont get good score. will it deprive my chances of getting to school if i repeat it for the second time...does it count in admission procces if one takes the exam twice to get a good score....please advice..:(

Members don't see this ad.

Hi drS.,

You may repeat the exam, but beware you should improve the second time around. I you get a 75 on the first try and then get an 70 that would look very very bad. Even if you get a 87 on the first part and get a 86 then that would look bad as well. If I were you I would try your hardest to do good once and don't even think about about retaking it since it complicates things by A LOT.

If you do favorably the second time around then I would not expect you to have any problems.

Hope this helps,

DesiDentist

hi viswatma,
thanx a lot for ur advice.actually i started my preparation very late{a month back},so i am not sure of getting a good score in this short preparation.i am done with decks and few old released exams and planing to do a bit of kaplan now. please tell me whether i should concentrate more on decks r kaplan.also i want to know whether they will specify on my score reports as a second attempt if i giv it for the second time.please let me know this...:(

I believe the dental decks are the most invaluable tool. I would concentrate on this but if you have more time then go to Kaplan NBDE prep since they also know what they are doing. Also, yes schools will know that you have repeated the exam, if you do so. I believe the scores from your previous attempt are posted on the score report of the second attempt.

Again, i want to reiterate that it is better to take this once. I think it is too much of a risk to take them when you are very unprepared. However, I don't know how comfortable you are..

Best of luck.

DesiDentist