Please comment on your car.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kbv

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The same as the title. The reason is: I intended to buy a used, but was just presented with a new 2009 Toyota Corolla LE, causing my anxiety to go up because I am car illiterate and just finish the driving lesson.

Oh, comment on yours and mine as well. :love:

Members don't see this ad.

The same as the title. The reason is: I intended to buy a used, but was just presented with a new 2009 Toyota Corolla LE, causing my anxiety to go up because I am car illiterate and just finish the driving lesson.

Oh, comment on yours and mine as well. :love:

I am getting the 09 GTR. The only car that is within the similar price range is the viper. However I am a car noob so the GTR would be perfect fit for me.

I bought a 2006 honda element 2nd year when my 1st car died.

Members don't see this ad :)
Toyotas and Hondas are the way to go if you want a stable, reliable car.

Mine is a '96 Nissan Pathfinder. Getting me to and back from rotations so far.

I had a 2000 Toyota Camry LE with 110k+ miles... Not a single thing wrong with it. The only reason I got rid of it was because I inherited a 2007 Toyota Camry XLE from the same relatives I bought the first one from. They loved the 2000 so much they replaced it with the 2007 version of the same vehicle. The Toyota Camry is a great vehicle. I give it two thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup: :laugh:

I had a 2000 Toyota Camry LE with 110k+ miles... Not a single thing wrong with it. The only reason I got rid of it was because I inherited a 2007 Toyota Camry XLE from the same relatives I bought the first one from. They loved the 2000 so much they replaced it with the 2007 version of the same vehicle. The Toyota Camry is a great vehicle. I give it two thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup: :laugh:

Yoda's and Hondas will run forever, as has been stated.

I have a 97 Acura(honda) with 220k miles, i have never had to do any work(other than oil, tires and brakes) to it in the 100k+ miles i have owned it. I love it.

That being said, I will be grabbing a 1998-2003 BMW M5 when i graduate. 400 hp, 6 speed, 4 doors, low key. Dreaming about it gets me through some of the more boring pharmacology lectures:rolleyes:

I am getting the 09 GTR. The only car that is within the similar price range is the viper. However I am a car noob so the GTR would be perfect fit for me.
The GTR is an over-rated, transmission shredding, fanboy car. Buy yourself the Viper and pull ho's. :thumbup:

The GTR is an over-rated, transmission shredding, fanboy car. Buy yourself the Viper and pull ho's. :thumbup:
I was about to say he better cross his fingers anytime he uses that launch control and hope he doesn't tear up that $20k transmission:smuggrin:

Currently have a 94 Camaro and I love it. After school is a C6 possibly a used ZR1 :laugh:

2001 Ford Focus with 90K miles. It's a little rusty around the edges of the door panels and it needs breaks and tires right now. Other than Fords eating breaks I have no real complaints.

Toyota is a great brand. Not sure exactly what you are looking for as far as information. Toyotas are very reliable and make a great daily driver. I drive an 06 mustang GT, but only because I can't drive anything that is slow (I've grown up in racing). If you're looking for a good, reliable daily driver that gets decent gas milage, then you have chosen the correct car. Personally, though, I would look into an older model car. You can get one nearly as nice for half the price. New cars depreciate SO much as soon as it's driven off the lot. I would save some money and look into an older car, even just a few years. It will also be cheaper on insurance too. Good luck.

That being said, I will be grabbing a 1998-2003 BMW M5 when i graduate. 400 hp, 6 speed, 4 doors, low key. Dreaming about it gets me through some of the more boring pharmacology lectures:rolleyes:

Excellant choice. :thumbup:

Viper or GTR? Cant go wrong either way.

I was about to say he better cross his fingers anytime he uses that launch control and hope he doesn't tear up that $20k transmission:smuggrin:

Currently have a 94 Camaro and I love it. After school is a C6 possibly a used ZR1 :laugh:
haha the zr1 is pure :bow:. I don't even want to comment on what I might buy after school because we all may have personal jet packs for transportation then :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a Honda with 99,000 miles and a Toyota with 115,000, the Toyota has definitely been more cost effective. I've had to replace the brake pads and everything still works. The Honda-had to replace 2 oxygen sensors, alternator, door lock mechanism, rear door lock, today I had to replace a worn stabilizer bar, the air conditioner is curently broke and will cost over a thousand to replace--always with Honda parts that are expensive.

I currently rock my 95 BMW M3 track rat/toy and a 87 VW Scirocco daily driver. After School I'll probably buy a Porsche.

I have a '91 Volvo 940turbo with 160,000 miles. It gets a combined 18mpg, the turbo is literally stuck on, and it only takes premium. So it's a money eater, among the many other headaches that my car loves to give.

I absolutely hate my car.

Get the Toyota. My dad owned a '97 Camry and it was great on gas and was very reliable. My girlfriend has an '06 Corolla, and I cry every time she fills up her tank.

Last edited:
04 BMW 530i. i hate RFT (run-flat tires) and have to replace to non-RFT. not so much of a gas hog. 21mpg mix city and highway. so its bearable. too many damn sensors that irritates me. flat tire, active steering, sevtronic, washer fluid, oil fluid, etc..

2009 Toyota Corolla LE.. i liked that car. small, economical, reliable car. i wish i can get one myself. btw, toyota have a current promo good until this friday (10/31/08) 0% APR. my coworker just got one.

'03 Nissan 350z - Its a fun car - although it is slightly on the impractical side. Aside from the window motors dying (on both sides), the car has been great. I am not a big fan of the "mod your car" crowd. The Z is all the car I really need.

After school - I am looking at getting a used BMW or Acura - I really like last years TL (the new one doesn't do it for me). I figure in 2 yrs, the 3 yr off leases will be flowing back into the dealers...

As to the GTR - Skylines were REALLY popular over in Japan - it will be interesting to see what the GTR does here. We dont have the drifting community that they do, so I am not sure it will catch on the same way.

~above~

As to the GTR - Skylines were REALLY popular over in Japan - it will be interesting to see what the GTR does here. We dont have the drifting community that they do, so I am not sure it will catch on the same way.

~above~
The new GTR is much different than than the older 'lines that were popular in Japan. It is not a ricey, drift, tuner car. It's a $90,000, 480hp, AWD, super car that's meant to track. So, it will do as well, if not better, than other supercars in it's price range, just from the hype alone. It would've been amazing if the price wasn't so blown up and it didn't have so many ******ed design flaws.

I have a '91 Volvo 940turbo with 160,000 miles. It gets a combined 18mpg, the turbo is literally stuck on, and it only takes premium. So it's a money eater, among the many other headaches that my car loves to give.

Technically a turbo can not be stuck "on", unless you mean you physically can't remove it from the car. Besides turbos improve vehicle efficiency to produce a given amount of power.

Technically a turbo can not be stuck "on", unless you mean you physically can't remove it from the car. Besides turbos improve vehicle efficiency to produce a given amount of power.

I'm not an expert on car mechanics, but my turbo button doesn't turn off anymore and my turbo light is forever on (although, once in a while it switches off momentarily). They may improve efficiency, but are they better for highways or city driving? I mostly do the latter.

2008 BMW M3. Jet black, red interior! Love it!

I had a '98 Buick Regal GS once. It exploded.

My car caught on fire last week while I was driving down I-70. Fortunately (well actually unfortunately), my car did not burn up like yours. The water pump exploded and got water and gunk all over the exhaust pipe which steamed and smoked A LOT. It smoldered for over 1/2 hour. Still not as dramatic as the Burning Buick, but not fun. This is a VW New Beetle, aka "ghetto bug."

checor_killerzs_chenet_09_18_gallery_image_large.jpg

mmmm sooo hawt...

...That being said, I will be grabbing a 1998-2003 BMW M5 when i graduate. 400 hp, 6 speed, 4 doors, low key. Dreaming about it gets me through some of the more boring pharmacology lectures:rolleyes:

Same here except I'm thinking of a BMW 135i. Got to love that twin turbo engine in such a small car. :D I'm looking forward to being done.

I will race any y'all in my RV. 1 rule... we race one way without refueling and without stopping for rest room breaks.:smuggrin:

rvaa3.jpg

How many gallons does it hold? Diesel right?

And what are you going to do...run to the bathroom with it on cruise control? :p

90 gallons.. 11 mpg.

I didn't say anything about who had to drive...someone else can drive while I take a nap..

I will race any y'all in my RV. 1 rule... we race one way without refueling and without stopping for rest room breaks.:smuggrin:

rvaa3.jpg

Deal, 1320' from a stop. I win.
you never said it was a distance race ;)

90 gallons.. 11 mpg.

I didn't say anything about who had to drive...someone else can drive while I take a nap..

Cool! Do you have interior pics? (you can leave out the ones with it decked out in A&M/USC tailgate paraphernalia)

And what's the black mop-looking flap on the back...prevent the Element from getting dinged up?

Cool! Do you have interior pics? (you can leave out the ones with it decked out in A&M/USC tailgate paraphernalia)

And what's the black mop-looking flap on the back...prevent the Element from getting dinged up?

Oh I might have some pictures of the inside.. I could totally live in it...

Yes, the flap is to prevent rocks from flying all over the road.

I have a 2005 Mazda RX-8 with the GT package. I've got a little over 50k miles. When the weather is nice, I ride my Hyosung GV250. I really prefer riding the motorcycle to driving. The bike is actually pretty quick and I get 65mpg.

Toyota celica 1996.. :( .. Current problem: Engine oil leakage, dripping everywhere, shaking like crazy once go over 60 mph. Well over 220,000 miles on it..

In conclusion, I need a new car ASAP but I have no time to shop for one. I have been postponing for months. Hopefully, it won't break down before then.

Best car: lemon yellow 1976 Ford LTD. Current car: Toyota. It's ok.

I have a 2001 Honda Civic with 126,000 miles on it. I'm crossing my fingers that it will last me the next four years. The transmission was just replaced but other than that I haven't had any major problems. The first thing I buy after I graduate will be a new car.

here are some pics!

Wow...luv the car! I'm looking to buy a BMW 328xi coupe. I need all wheel drive with living in OH...snow....

I have a '92 Toyota Paseo w/ 120k miles and a '02 VW Cabrio w/ 88k miles. The Toyota is my backup. The Toyota actually runs better than my VW!